emails from outlook to bigpond.net.au

Anonymous
2021-11-21T01:10:36+00:00

Emails sent using Outlook & outlook.com account (on HP Laptop, iMac & iPhone) to a family bigpond.net.au address are not getting through for last 3 days. Web-version does not appear to have this problem.

I'm not very tech so struggling with all the articles with similar messages & solutions.

Does anyone have a simple explanation/solution I could follow?

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

"******@bigpond.net.au"
Your message wasn't delivered. Despite repeated attempts to deliver your message, a connection to the remote server couldn't be made.

Contact the recipient by some other means (by phone, for example) and ask them to tell their email admin that it appears that your email system is unable to connecto their email system. Give them the error details shown below. It's likely that the recipient's email admin is the only one who can fix this problem.

For more information and tips to fix this issue see this article: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=389361.

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: TYBPR01MB5533.jpnprd01.prod.outlook.com
Receiving server: TYBPR01MB5533.jpnprd01.prod.outlook.com 

"******@bigpond.net.au"
11/20/2021 1:42:45 AM - Server at TYBPR01MB5533.jpnprd01.prod.outlook.com returned '550 5.4.317 Message expired, cannot connect to remote server(421 4.7.25 Temporarily rejected. Reverse DNS for 40.92.98.107 failed. IB108)'
11/20/2021 1:36:53 AM - Server at bigpond.net.au (203.36.137.234) returned '450 4.4.317 Cannot connect to remote server [Message=421 4.7.25 Temporarily rejected. Reverse DNS for 40.92.98.107 failed. IB108] [LastAttemptedServerName=bigpond.net.au] [LastAttemptedIP=203.36.137.234:25] OS0JPN01FT008.eop-JPN01.prod.protection.outlook.com'

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-11-30T16:37:49+00:00

    Not sure what to do either.... it can't be a Sender Score issue, because, like you, I am just emailing from my outlook account to my husband's bigpond.net.au account (and I've had my email address for 4 years, and the husband' email address for about 20 years).

    Yesterday I also received a bounce back from optusnet.com.au. Let's hope Microsoft is doing something about it. I hope they respond to Glenn's message above.

    Thanks for replying to my private message, Kate AK.

    That information should be helpful. However, as I mentioned in my last private message I still do not have an update from the folks that I've asked to look into this issue further. I will post a reply here once I have something for you.

    Kind regards,

    Glenn

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-11-30T23:17:30+00:00

    Hi Glenn. I hope you are taking into account the problems being experienced by many other people other than just Kate. Your few, short posts do not include any indication that the posts from anyone else have even been received, much less being acted on. Come on, this is not a good look for Microsoft and its willingness to interact with (increasingly) irate customers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-11-30T23:35:58+00:00

    I had a reply from Microsoft Help for my Case on 28 November saying that they now recognise this is a problem for multiple users and it has been upgraded to the Tier 2 Support Team. As of now there is no further news but the problem has not yet been solved.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-11-30T23:42:07+00:00

    Thanks for letting us know

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-12-01T00:14:44+00:00

    Thanks David.

    Hi Glenn. Are "the folks" that you've "asked to look into this issue further" talking to the "Help" section who seem to consider this issue more seriously than the "Community" section?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments