emails from outlook to bigpond.net.au

Anonymous
2021-11-21T01:10:36+00:00

Emails sent using Outlook & outlook.com account (on HP Laptop, iMac & iPhone) to a family bigpond.net.au address are not getting through for last 3 days. Web-version does not appear to have this problem.

I'm not very tech so struggling with all the articles with similar messages & solutions.

Does anyone have a simple explanation/solution I could follow?

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

"******@bigpond.net.au"
Your message wasn't delivered. Despite repeated attempts to deliver your message, a connection to the remote server couldn't be made.

Contact the recipient by some other means (by phone, for example) and ask them to tell their email admin that it appears that your email system is unable to connecto their email system. Give them the error details shown below. It's likely that the recipient's email admin is the only one who can fix this problem.

For more information and tips to fix this issue see this article: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=389361.

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: TYBPR01MB5533.jpnprd01.prod.outlook.com
Receiving server: TYBPR01MB5533.jpnprd01.prod.outlook.com 

"******@bigpond.net.au"
11/20/2021 1:42:45 AM - Server at TYBPR01MB5533.jpnprd01.prod.outlook.com returned '550 5.4.317 Message expired, cannot connect to remote server(421 4.7.25 Temporarily rejected. Reverse DNS for 40.92.98.107 failed. IB108)'
11/20/2021 1:36:53 AM - Server at bigpond.net.au (203.36.137.234) returned '450 4.4.317 Cannot connect to remote server [Message=421 4.7.25 Temporarily rejected. Reverse DNS for 40.92.98.107 failed. IB108] [LastAttemptedServerName=bigpond.net.au] [LastAttemptedIP=203.36.137.234:25] OS0JPN01FT008.eop-JPN01.prod.protection.outlook.com'

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-11-25T23:15:09+00:00

    Hi Glenn

    Thanks for your response. I have just been on the phone to Telstra, who state that it isn't their problem, its a problem with Outlook email (interestingly only emails to bigpond.net.au and bigpond.com are being blocked - all other emails are getting through, including to hotmail and gmail accounts as well as emails to company email addresses).

    So back to reviewing my outlook account to determine why these emails are being blocked.

    regards

    Kate

    Thanks for the additional information, Kate. And my apologies for the late reply.

    It's kind of hard to believe what they say especially if the bounce message that you're getting specifically states: "Contact the recipient by some other means (by phone, for example) and ask them to tell their email admin that it appears that your email system is unable to connect to their email system. Give them the error details shown below. It's likely that the recipient's email admin is the only one who can fix this problem." Emphasis on the bolded part.

    If we go by the message you get, Kate, it seems to be a problem from their end which reinforced by the fact that the issue is very specific i.e. only happens when sending emails using an Outlook.com or Hotmail.com email account to a Big Pond / Telstra / Optus email address.

    At any rate, I'll bringing this up with with our internal support team to have this investigated further. But I can't promise an ETA on fix for now. Instead expect an update in the next 72 hours.

    Respectfully,

    Glenn

    P.S. To everyone else who has commented, please see my reply above. Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-11-25T23:36:20+00:00

    I have the same problem. I cannot email my husband - we live in the same house and share same provider! We have different email addresses. I receive his emails but emails to him bounce back. This problem came up since I subscribed to Microsoft Office online! At first I was using Outlook on Thunderbird but switched to Outlook app to s try to rectify problem but didn't work. I seem to have subscribed to more problems than solutions. I MUCH prefer my old Office for Mac programme. I've read the 'self help' instructions which are poorly written in meaningless jargon.

    Help!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-11-25T23:51:02+00:00

    Not sure what to do either.... it can't be a Sender Score issue, because, like you, I am just emailing from my outlook account to my husband's bigpond.net.au account (and I've had my email address for 4 years, and the husband' email address for about 20 years).

    Yesterday I also received a bounce back from optusnet.com.au. Let's hope Microsoft is doing something about it. I hope they respond to Glenn's message above.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-11-26T00:16:03+00:00

    I now have had an email bounce back from an address in France - nothing to do with bigpond....so it does really look like a hotmail issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-11-26T01:31:29+00:00

    Not sure what to do either.... it can't be a Sender Score issue, because, like you, I am just emailing from my outlook account to my husband's bigpond.net.au account (and I've had my email address for 4 years, and the husband' email address for about 20 years).

    Yesterday I also received a bounce back from optusnet.com.au. Let's hope Microsoft is doing something about it. I hope they respond to Glenn's message above.

    Hi Kate,

    I need to gather more information specifically for this issue of yours. So can you please reply to the private message I sent.

    Thanks.

    -Glenn

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments