emails from outlook to bigpond.net.au

Anonymous
2021-11-21T01:10:36+00:00

Emails sent using Outlook & outlook.com account (on HP Laptop, iMac & iPhone) to a family bigpond.net.au address are not getting through for last 3 days. Web-version does not appear to have this problem.

I'm not very tech so struggling with all the articles with similar messages & solutions.

Does anyone have a simple explanation/solution I could follow?

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

"******@bigpond.net.au"
Your message wasn't delivered. Despite repeated attempts to deliver your message, a connection to the remote server couldn't be made.

Contact the recipient by some other means (by phone, for example) and ask them to tell their email admin that it appears that your email system is unable to connecto their email system. Give them the error details shown below. It's likely that the recipient's email admin is the only one who can fix this problem.

For more information and tips to fix this issue see this article: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=389361.

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: TYBPR01MB5533.jpnprd01.prod.outlook.com
Receiving server: TYBPR01MB5533.jpnprd01.prod.outlook.com 

"******@bigpond.net.au"
11/20/2021 1:42:45 AM - Server at TYBPR01MB5533.jpnprd01.prod.outlook.com returned '550 5.4.317 Message expired, cannot connect to remote server(421 4.7.25 Temporarily rejected. Reverse DNS for 40.92.98.107 failed. IB108)'
11/20/2021 1:36:53 AM - Server at bigpond.net.au (203.36.137.234) returned '450 4.4.317 Cannot connect to remote server [Message=421 4.7.25 Temporarily rejected. Reverse DNS for 40.92.98.107 failed. IB108] [LastAttemptedServerName=bigpond.net.au] [LastAttemptedIP=203.36.137.234:25] OS0JPN01FT008.eop-JPN01.prod.protection.outlook.com'

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-12-01T02:56:18+00:00

    Thanks David all all the others for pushing Microsoft on this matter and for keeping us updated.

    Garry

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-12-01T00:25:28+00:00

    Good morning,

    I work in IT in an organisation in Sydney and currently our Barracuda mail filter is blocking all mail from hotmail.com, due to 'No PTR record', so this likely explains why these other systems and services are also having trouble.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-11-30T23:35:58+00:00

    I had a reply from Microsoft Help for my Case on 28 November saying that they now recognise this is a problem for multiple users and it has been upgraded to the Tier 2 Support Team. As of now there is no further news but the problem has not yet been solved.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-11-26T05:24:46+00:00

    Thanks Glenn

    After 2 days of "talking" to Telstra, they haven't found the issue and want me to pay to find what the problem is...which I am not willing to do since the cause of the problem hasn't been identified and they keep just telling me to add him (my husband's email address) to my safe list (that doesn't help!)

    I have a bigpond email address and am not receiving emails from my husband's outlook.com address. No problems with anyone else sending and receiving, and he is receiving all emails I send him.

    So I hope you are able to lead us all to a fixable solution.

    regards

    Alison

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-11-25T23:51:02+00:00

    Not sure what to do either.... it can't be a Sender Score issue, because, like you, I am just emailing from my outlook account to my husband's bigpond.net.au account (and I've had my email address for 4 years, and the husband' email address for about 20 years).

    Yesterday I also received a bounce back from optusnet.com.au. Let's hope Microsoft is doing something about it. I hope they respond to Glenn's message above.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments