Unified Inbox in Outlook 2020?

Anonymous
2020-09-07T20:00:01+00:00

I have been waiting 10 years for a unified inbox in outlook on windows.  I use outlook 5 hours a day with 10+ mailboxes (I am a consultant for several companies)

So about 5 years ago, I switched to mac, just because Apple outlook has unified inbox, sent mail etc.

Now My mac is getting too slow and too full (they come with small SSDs and no upgrade options). I don't want another mac, I want to buy a windows pc, but cant, as outlook on windows has no unified box.

In 10 years of office upgrades and new versions, they have not implemented a single useful new feature (for me as an IT professional anyway).  I would go so far as to say I would not notice the difference in functionality between office 2010 and the currently office 365.  In 10 years they could have added the one critical missing feature.  I can only assume that Microsoft do not add this feature to force people with many active mailboxes to buy Macs to run microsoft office.  Perhaps Apple pay the Microsoft Office team in brown envelopes to keep the windows version of outlook crippled?

I have tried all the unified inbox hacks.  None work properly.

If I was a microsoft developer, I would create an outlook plugin which implemented unified inbox and sent mail box and make a fortune.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-05-26T19:15:37+00:00

    How does eM Client handle online meetings and so on? Does it work with MS Teams, for example?

    I'm coming from Outlook on Mac (oh the gorgeous creation - compared to the Windows counterpart) to PC as I'm changing software in my line of work. I'm therefore interested to know how the online meeting scheduling works - given I rely solely on MS Teams for my client meetings.

    EDIT: Thank god I don't have to pay for Microsoft 365 myself. I'd be furious if I had to pay for a program (Outlook) that's lacking even the most basic functions in todays modern world. Even the "Mail" app has this covered, without any problems what so ever... I assume Microsoft wants us to move over to the Mail app instead - given how much better and more modern it looks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-05-01T16:53:27+00:00

    I too was looking for a unified inbox.

    I went with PostBox. It was Windows and Mac and allowed me to share local folders on my dual-boot computer.

    https://www.postbox-inc.com/

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-04-18T18:33:53+00:00

    I thought I'd mention Spark in this discussion. It does everything we've been asking for, multiple email addresses, unified inbox, fetches Gmail, Yahoo, IMAP, etc. The problem is that it's still just an app. Their website promises a Windows version is in development, but who knows? I use Outlook on my desktop, with the macro I outlined above, but Spark on my phone and tablet. It's honestly an incredible piece of software. I feel like an unpaid shill but hey: sparkmailapp.com

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-03-05T14:17:26+00:00

    I thought I had a solution with a Custom Search Folder, but even though you can search All Mailboxes from the search bar, when I tried to create a Custom Search Folder using Advanced Search, it wouldn't allow searching multiple IMAP accounts. Back to square one.

    So I created a macro that performs the search instead and put it on the ribbon. Ugly but works.

    Sub Inbox()

    Dim myOlApp As New Outlook.Application

    txtSearch = "folder:Inbox"

    myOlApp.ActiveExplorer.Search txtSearch, olSearchScopeAllFolders

    SendKeys "{TAB}"

    Set myOlApp = Nothing

    End Sub

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-01-16T01:11:40+00:00

    A follow-up.  This seems to work very well from the desktop; I installed my bazillion emails and they all flow right to the same inbox, and I can reply as if from the correct address. 

    As an added bonus, this inbox automatically syncs with the Outlook app on my Android devices, from which I can read and delete the messages (pretty much like IMAP) from all email addresses without installing them individually on the device.

    The two considerations I've found are these:

    1.  I think (but have not tested) that this approach will only deliver new messages to the Android device if the primary desktop with every email is on and regularly checking email.

    2.  The Android address can only respond from email addresses that are installed on it, so while you can read email from "@address2.com," you can only respond from "@outlook.com" unless you install the address2.com email on the device itself.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments