Outlook On The Web Signature Line Disappearing

Anonymous
2021-04-22T13:38:53+00:00

Two days ago my signature line disappeared from my emails, randomly. I had not adjusted anything within settings and confirmed that my signature is still showing in settings, but it randomly stops showing up and even when I try to manually "insert signature" it just shows up as blank. I have removed it and pasted it in again, and sometimes it will show up for an email or two, but eventually disappears again. I have confirmed the boxes are checked for signature to automatically be included in new emails and replies.

Again, even when I try to manually insert it it shows up as blank. I have to copy and paste it in order to use it.

**When issued first occurred:**4/20/2021

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-08-18T14:31:51+00:00

    As this thread seems to have dropped off the support radar, I've opened a new one referencing back to this one...

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook\_com/forum/osettings-oemailset/outlook-on-the-web-signature-line-disappearing/ead5fc7e-7145-4d06-a939-d998e0813b81

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-08-18T14:00:25+00:00

    My experience and set up is almost exactly the same as DM040's - I am using Ubuntu 18.04 on Firefox build 91 (not 90), and started having the issue several weeks ago (about 2 months). Some additional/different info/experiences:

    1. I have noticed the issue with Chrome as well, so it does not appear to be specific to the browser being used.
    2. My Outlook signature does not disappear, but rather, when I change it, the change only persists for the current OWA session. When I start a new OWA session (or even just refresh the browser), my signature reverts to what it was before I updated it in the session.
    3. When I update my signature, it seeps to work for all emails in that session. I do not think it reverts back until I close the browser session or refresh the page, but I will pay more attention to this.
    4. I've noticed that when I 'save' my updated signature, if I open MS Calendar in a new tab, and go to the settings, my old signature is there again.

    Hopefully this will help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-08-11T08:50:45+00:00

    We have had this same issue since last spring in our organization. But new feature with this issue is that Signature settings are disappeared from Settings . You dont even have that section in there anymore.

    Earlier you needed to go to settings and Save settings to recover your signature to new mails. But now you can't even do that because there isn't that signature section anymore. Also Mailbox rules section have disappeared.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments