BCC myself automatically Outlook 365 on iphone

Anonymous
2021-10-13T14:24:52+00:00

I am using outlook 365 on my iphone 12, and on my desktop. On my desktop, i automatically bcc myself on all sent mail. Is there a way to do this when using outlook on my phone?

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for iOS | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2021-10-13T19:21:42+00:00

Hi Edkelleher1,

Greetings.

Thank you for raising your concern in this community.

I am a bit confused about why you are using auto BCC for yourself, because you can already have all you sent emails in the sent items folders, and when you open an email there, you have the same option as in the inbox.

We usually use BCC for another recipient.

That being said I have double checked this in outlook on mobile, and from what I see there is no direct way to do it on the mobile. Sorry for this inconvenience.

Regards,

Mac

Was this answer helpful?

5 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-07T17:44:25+00:00

    I bcc myself most of the time because then my conversations are all in my Inbox. I'm constantly going back and forth to see what's going on at work and on my phone i have to change folders all the time. That's why i cc myself auto on my sends. BUT can't do it on the iphone - it's wasting so much of my time going back and forth between Inbox and Sent to get the whole picture of a conversation. Unless I'm missing something, this is such a painful omission.

    Thanks

    Jean

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-15T08:06:57+00:00

    Thank you for your reply.

    Or simply add the BCC yourself option alike all the competitors do.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-02-09T15:57:58+00:00

    I BCC myself on every email I send because 99% of the time I need a response to the email I sent and I cannot simply trust that people are going to reply.

    In other words, I use my inbox as a kind of to-do list. I filter for email that are older than a week, they would have been deleted if I received a reply, and follow up with the non-responders.

    Using a separate mailbox (i.e. sent items) would require me to delete sent items that I no longer need to follow up on breaking the functionality of the sent items mailbox (a place that should indefinitely have everything I send).

    Any suggestions on how to replicate this functionality without having to click to show BCC and then type my email in there every time?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-21T07:43:45+00:00

    Idea: how about starting writing this on all Microsoft comment on social media?

    "Dear @microsoft, can you please make sure your Outlook App has the “Always Bcc myself” option like the desktop one? It will save a lot of time to a lot of people #microsoft #outlook #has #not #always #Bcc #myself #option"

    Or tailor it to the post of the day, like this: on the scarecrow post:

    "Hey @microsoft do you know what would make Outlook App attracting more attention? Adding the “always Bcc myself” option to the Outlook App? Thanks #microsoft #outlook #has #not #always #Bcc #myself #option"

    Already started adding my comments to Microsoft´s instagram account.

    Cheers

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments