BCC myself automatically Outlook 365 on iphone

Anonymous
2021-10-13T14:24:52+00:00

I am using outlook 365 on my iphone 12, and on my desktop. On my desktop, i automatically bcc myself on all sent mail. Is there a way to do this when using outlook on my phone?

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for iOS | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2021-10-13T19:21:42+00:00

Hi Edkelleher1,

Greetings.

Thank you for raising your concern in this community.

I am a bit confused about why you are using auto BCC for yourself, because you can already have all you sent emails in the sent items folders, and when you open an email there, you have the same option as in the inbox.

We usually use BCC for another recipient.

That being said I have double checked this in outlook on mobile, and from what I see there is no direct way to do it on the mobile. Sorry for this inconvenience.

Regards,

Mac

Was this answer helpful?

5 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-09-12T18:59:56+00:00

    The reason that I would like to bcc myself is that, if you do that, you can then move the BCC copy from the inbox to a separate folder while still keeping a copy in the “sent items“ folder so that you can still have a record of items that you send every day. If you move an item from the ”sent” folder to a separate subject matter folder, that removes the item from the “sent“ folder. The ability to bcc oneself has always been possible on the Windows desktop app. I would request that it be made available in the iOS app. As you can see, there are also a number of other people who are interested in this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-08-17T13:48:50+00:00

    I need this option as well.

    Here is a practical, real life example: last night, checked mail from phone. Chief Operating Officer sent me an email. I replied from phone, telling him the answer to his question, and that I would follow up further in the morning when logged into my PC and had access to all the company's tools on our network.

    This morning, instead of seeing my email in my Inbox where I BCC'd myself (because you don't allow it grrrrr), replying to that email to keep that email string and it's history in tact, I have to go to my Outlook, click Sent Items, sort to find that email, them reply all to follow up.

    It is really dumb that Microsoft causes me additional work because you won't allow a simple rule to be set on iPhone versions of Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-11-09T01:24:14+00:00

    Very much agree. I am the same way and MS needs to add this option ASAP. I don’t get why they are so inconsistent between desktop and mobile. The same options should be available on both. It is beyond ridiculous that MS does not offer this option on mobile!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-10-19T13:34:28+00:00

    Agree!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments