Office 365 Outlook Task Categories Disappearing

Anonymous
2019-11-13T23:02:27+00:00

Split from this thread.

I'm having the same issue over the last few days.  Randomly some task categories disappear, but not all. 

I checked my Outlook client and there are no COM Add-ins to disable.  

I do have my Office 365 Outlook tasks go to my iPhone, however I don't do anything with them there.  I did disable the "reminders" in the iPhone Exchange sync, just to take it out of the equation.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-02-07T08:55:58+00:00

    I do have exactly the same problem using Outlook and on the other hand iOS13 -> Only the task for "today" loose the categories once a day. Usually in the morning at about 9 am. I hope it gets sorted soon...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-01-29T17:31:42+00:00

    Thanks. This works. Unfortunately, syncing with my phone is now lost.

    I'm pretty sure this started for me after updating to iOS 13. The weird things is that only the "today" tasks lost their categories. Hopefully, this will get fixed. I agree probably an Apple problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-01-21T03:45:58+00:00

    It does look like switching Reminders off “solves” the problem. Mine has men off for 4 days now and the categories are still there.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-01-20T17:12:13+00:00

    Same thing happening to me.  Previously, it has been 3-10 items (for the last three months) and it has happened every couple of days.  Today I had 500 items appear without categories!  What is the fix, Microsoft, please?  Mike

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-01-14T15:24:57+00:00

    Same thing is happening with me as well...within the past week I've had to start resetting my task categories every day.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments