Using Outlook for iOS for personal email and calendar management
<sigh> When I saw the “it’s fixed in 13.2” comment from a TAM above, I was pretty sure this was just a guess or a delay tactic. Thanks @ryandawson2 for the confirmation this is not a resolution to the problem.
This only happens in Outlook for iOS. And, if it was truly a privacy concern to let iOS dial a number from an entry in the location field of an outlook appointment, then why does this functionality work from within the body of an Outlook email, or within a contact entry in Outlook, or from the description field of an Outlook appointment?
I do hope someone from MSFT is monitoring this discussion. I work with an organization of 60k+, where iOS is very common for mobile devices, and things are heating up quickly. Any organization with a highly mobile workforce will be impacted by this new “intended functionality” decision. The excuse that it’s an IOS issue is falling flat given it worked fine in iOS 13 one day and then didn’t after outlook was upgraded “without” any iOS upgrade.