Can't click to dial from outlook 365 ios app anymore?

Anonymous
2019-10-14T20:17:38+00:00

When dialing in to conference calls from my Outlook 365 app I have always been able to just click on the number in the "location" field of calendar meetings.  However, after the ios 13 update I can no longer click on numbers and am having to enter them manually!  Sometimes this involves not just the 10 digit phone number, but a long "conference code" number as well, all of which was previously dialed with one easy click.

Is there any way I can get that functionality back?  I need to be able to dial directly from outlook invites.  That's the primary benefit of using them.

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for iOS | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-10-25T16:34:27+00:00

    This problem is very real and a nightmare for business folks constantly on the move. I am currently experiencing the same issue with the latest iOS version and Outlook app.

    The only workaround is to paste the conference code in the body of the invite, but that doesn't alleviate the pain as one must open the invite and scroll through to find the number. This isn't safe for those of us driving.

    If your standard Apple Calendar app is in sync with your Outlook calendar the location dial in will work, but you're now using two apps... 

    Microsoft, please look into this and send out a patch ASAP.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-10-25T20:25:02+00:00

    I have the same issue on iPhone 11 running iOS 13.1.3.  Company policy here is to use InTune as well to get access to corporate email.  Is anyone else on this thread NOT using InTune?  Would be interested in ruling this in or out as the problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-10-25T20:43:25+00:00

    I'm not using InTune, and I have this problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-10-26T03:08:13+00:00

    Not using intune...started for me  after ios upgrade/ app upgrade

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-10-29T15:53:59+00:00

    I have the same issue, as have many of my colleagues. Sadly this is going to result in a car accident(s). The ability to select a phone number and dial this, often with a long passcode, allows users to quickly and safely join a teleconference. 

    This “intended functionality” is a major impact to business users of outlook. Claiming this is for privacy reasons is hard to understand. If Microsoft has privacy concerns then make this an optional setting.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments