Can't click to dial from outlook 365 ios app anymore?

Anonymous
2019-10-14T20:17:38+00:00

When dialing in to conference calls from my Outlook 365 app I have always been able to just click on the number in the "location" field of calendar meetings.  However, after the ios 13 update I can no longer click on numbers and am having to enter them manually!  Sometimes this involves not just the 10 digit phone number, but a long "conference code" number as well, all of which was previously dialed with one easy click.

Is there any way I can get that functionality back?  I need to be able to dial directly from outlook invites.  That's the primary benefit of using them.

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for iOS | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-10-23T20:42:00+00:00

    Jennifer,

    Can you take another look at this?  Given the number of others who are experiencing this issue I'm surprised that you cannot reproduce this issue on your side.....are you saying that on your ios app you can still click to dial numbers in the location field? 

    My issue has not been solved and it sounds like there is currently no way to solve it. 

    Posting numbers and addresses into the body of outlook invites is an inconvenient workaround that only helps when I'm the host.  It's not a legitimate fix.

    I've reached out to the  in-app support team but haven't received a response...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-10-23T22:05:03+00:00

    I have raised a ticket via our Premier account.  Call back DAYS later.  Not good.  But the response is that it is an APPLE issue, not MS.  They were told by apple that its being worked on, but no commitment on time frame.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-10-23T23:34:07+00:00

    I have raised a ticket via our Premier account.  Call back DAYS later.  Not good.  But the response is that it is an APPLE issue, not MS.  They were told by apple that its being worked on, but no commitment on time frame.  

    Thats not what they told me. It was escalated to engineering, and i was told it was an “intended behavior.” Besides, it started after an Outlook update, not after an iOS update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-10-24T02:37:46+00:00

    Thank you for taking the time to document this issue. It’s ridiculous that the behavior is different for a string in the location field than in the comments area.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-10-24T12:28:46+00:00

    Microsoft, can you please clarify whether this is (1) an "Intended Issue" by Microsoft, (2) an unindended error by Microsoft that is being worked on, or (3) an unintended error by Apple that is being worked on?

    It's been 10 days since the first post and there are lots of people frustrated by this issue on a daily basis.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments