Can't click to dial from outlook 365 ios app anymore?

Anonymous
2019-10-14T20:17:38+00:00

When dialing in to conference calls from my Outlook 365 app I have always been able to just click on the number in the "location" field of calendar meetings.  However, after the ios 13 update I can no longer click on numbers and am having to enter them manually!  Sometimes this involves not just the 10 digit phone number, but a long "conference code" number as well, all of which was previously dialed with one easy click.

Is there any way I can get that functionality back?  I need to be able to dial directly from outlook invites.  That's the primary benefit of using them.

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for iOS | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-10-21T07:50:14+00:00

    Hi All,

    Greetings, we just tested this issue in Outlook for iOS APP (version 4.7.1) in iPhone, iOS version is 13.1.3, but we cannot reproduce this issue on our side. Given this situation, please try to update both Outlook for iOS APP and your iOS to the latest version to check the result.

    If the issue persists, please kindly report this issue to our dedicated in-app support team and request further 1:1 assistance. For your reference: Get in-app help for Outlook for iOS and Android.

    Your understanding and cooperation will be highly appreciated. 

    Best regards,

    Jennifer

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-10-21T13:16:38+00:00

    We have seen this same issue too.  I have confirmed that 11.4.1 iOS has same issue.  One thing is that we have InTune managing devices. You cannot have our email unless we manage the device.  We also do not allow data to leave the container, or outside any non-MAM apps.  But this seems that the location field is locked.  Not share between apps issue, but more of the field is not clickable at all.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-10-21T15:06:22+00:00

    Hello!  I am iOS 13.1.3 and app version 4.7.1 and am unable to dial-out directly from the meeting invite.  I am forced to copy/paste the number...

    Can you please help with a fix?

    Thank you.

    Mike

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-10-21T18:16:23+00:00

    We are also having the same issue as reported in this thread.  We noticed the issue at the same time that iOS 13.1 was released.  We are running 13.1.3 on iOS and Outlookk 4.7.1  We can no longer touch the location field and have it prompt for a phone number to call.  I can also no longer touch on an address in the location field and have it jump over to Maps for directions.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-10-21T18:53:05+00:00

    Looks like this feature was intentionally removed.

    I got the following response from Support: "As per checking, this is a recent change in the app for privacy reasons. This is now the intended behaviour in the app. For now, you can submit a request for this feature through Settings > Help & Feedback > Suggest a feature."

    As JohnEdmondsonmentions above, the workaround is to place the dial-in in the description of the calendar invite and the dial-in works like before.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments