Can't click to dial from outlook 365 ios app anymore?

Anonymous
2019-10-14T20:17:38+00:00

When dialing in to conference calls from my Outlook 365 app I have always been able to just click on the number in the "location" field of calendar meetings.  However, after the ios 13 update I can no longer click on numbers and am having to enter them manually!  Sometimes this involves not just the 10 digit phone number, but a long "conference code" number as well, all of which was previously dialed with one easy click.

Is there any way I can get that functionality back?  I need to be able to dial directly from outlook invites.  That's the primary benefit of using them.

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for iOS | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-10-31T18:31:48+00:00

    On the latest release of Outlook and iOS, a normal phone number can be tapped and will launch a prompt to dial. However, an elongated number that includes breaks, hash symbols, commas, etc, does still not function.

    In addition, when tapping a normally formatted address that appear in the location section, and which was sent from a client other than Outlook for iOS, nothing happens. Tapping does not launch a map.

    If tapping the location field does not launch a map, and full phone strings are still not able to be dialed, then the location field is still fundamentally broken in the most basic of ways.  Nothing here has been fixed!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-10-30T14:28:57+00:00

    Hey! Getting the phone functionality back is GREAT!  I do think the IOS update allowed for this...as my phone now recognizes that it's a phone number and gives me the option to dial.

    The app still will not recognize an address with one click...

    Microsoft....are you monitoring this thread?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-10-30T12:47:01+00:00

    Hello All,

    I did some further testing and found out that if an address is in the location field it is still un-tappable. (Will not open a "map" app when tapped). 

    Note: If the address is added via an iOS device the address is tappable, if it is created on a computer it is not. 

    Thanks,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-10-30T12:46:45+00:00

    This does appear to be resolved but it’s very odd. My Outlook was update 2 days ago to 4.9.0 and I updated iOS yesterday afternoon to 13.2.  This did not work yesterday after the iOS update. 

    While I’m happy this is working now, I wonder how this was fixed “a day after” both an ios and an outlook were upgraded?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-10-30T12:04:09+00:00

    Hi All

    looks like the ios outlook update from two days ago fixes the issue.

    thanks to everyone that got on this post to help MS put attention to this matter

    thank you MS for listening to the user community and fixing

    miguel

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments