Can't click to dial from outlook 365 ios app anymore?

Anonymous
2019-10-14T20:17:38+00:00

When dialing in to conference calls from my Outlook 365 app I have always been able to just click on the number in the "location" field of calendar meetings.  However, after the ios 13 update I can no longer click on numbers and am having to enter them manually!  Sometimes this involves not just the 10 digit phone number, but a long "conference code" number as well, all of which was previously dialed with one easy click.

Is there any way I can get that functionality back?  I need to be able to dial directly from outlook invites.  That's the primary benefit of using them.

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for iOS | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-11-19T18:41:23+00:00

    Sorry I’m not sure. My company doesnt use intume MDM so maybe thats part of your problem. I tried holding down on an address and get options “copy location” and “get directions.” Holding down on a phone number in the location field gives options for call, face time, send message, add to contacts, etc. Tapping on a phone number calls it and tapping on an address opens it up in maps. Good luck resolving your issue and keep us updated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-11-19T16:41:27+00:00

    Microsoft has confirmed that they are seeing the same results that I am getting and will be looking into it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-11-18T23:15:03+00:00

    Not sure how you are getting the link or phone number to open with just a tap. I will say we are running our phones in supervised mode and managed by Intune MDM.

    I have since found that if I tap and hold it will bring up the options menu and one choice is to call the number or open the link if it is a web page. I also have a ticket in to Microsoft to see if this was intended behavior or a result of iOS 13 features incorporated into the latest update of Outlook mobile.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-11-14T20:00:31+00:00

    The minute I manually updated to Outlook version 4.11.0 my issues were resolved.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-11-14T19:59:34+00:00

    Outlook version 4.11.0 fixed both issues. I confirmed resolution on iOS 13.1 and it still works on 13.2.2. Phone numbers and addresses are both now tappable links...phone numbers open up in the phone dialer and addresses open up in maps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments