Can't click to dial from outlook 365 ios app anymore?

Anonymous
2019-10-14T20:17:38+00:00

When dialing in to conference calls from my Outlook 365 app I have always been able to just click on the number in the "location" field of calendar meetings.  However, after the ios 13 update I can no longer click on numbers and am having to enter them manually!  Sometimes this involves not just the 10 digit phone number, but a long "conference code" number as well, all of which was previously dialed with one easy click.

Is there any way I can get that functionality back?  I need to be able to dial directly from outlook invites.  That's the primary benefit of using them.

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for iOS | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-10-23T19:56:03+00:00

    Thanks, this is the most helpful response so far.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-10-23T19:54:18+00:00

    Wow, this is a terrible result for people who drive and take conference calls.  It actually makes it impossible and far more dangerous.  I'm not worried about a loss of privacy.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-10-23T19:51:42+00:00

    I am having the exact same problem.  Not happy with MS responses so far when this is a wide-spread problem.  Tried all updating and hasn't helped.  Work around of number in body of email does work but everyone in the world puts the number in "location," so it doesn't help when I'm not the host of the conference call.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-10-21T20:39:24+00:00

    Jennifer, 

    I'm on 4.7.1 Outlook App and 13.1.3 iOS, and have the same problem as the original poster. The issue is that phone numbers placed *in the location field* of an invite can no longer be clicked-to-dial, but in the description field they can be. I began having this problem with an iPhone XS on iOS 12, upgraded to an iPhone 11 Pro and iOS 13, and the problem persisted. This also happened to literally every person in my firm on iOS and Outlook, so it's definitely a problem independent of hardware and iOS version.

    I used "in app support" and was told that was an "intended behavior." I think MSFT needs to revisit this -- recurring invites are now a nightmare to dial into, and not everybody is using the Outlook app so we can't expect everybody to all of a sudden accommodate this incredibly inconvenient quirk.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-10-21T18:16:23+00:00

    We are also having the same issue as reported in this thread.  We noticed the issue at the same time that iOS 13.1 was released.  We are running 13.1.3 on iOS and Outlookk 4.7.1  We can no longer touch the location field and have it prompt for a phone number to call.  I can also no longer touch on an address in the location field and have it jump over to Maps for directions.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments