Can't click to dial from outlook 365 ios app anymore?

Anonymous
2019-10-14T20:17:38+00:00

When dialing in to conference calls from my Outlook 365 app I have always been able to just click on the number in the "location" field of calendar meetings.  However, after the ios 13 update I can no longer click on numbers and am having to enter them manually!  Sometimes this involves not just the 10 digit phone number, but a long "conference code" number as well, all of which was previously dialed with one easy click.

Is there any way I can get that functionality back?  I need to be able to dial directly from outlook invites.  That's the primary benefit of using them.

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for iOS | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-10-21T19:14:51+00:00

    I started experiencing this issue about 2 weeks ago due to an automatic update of the Outlook app. That was on IOS 12.4.1. Now I am on IOS 13.1.3 and still experiencing the issue. Phone numbers are never recognized in the location field. Addresses are not recognized in the location field unless you create the invite from the Outlook app, by searching for a location, allowing the app to validate the address, then selecting it from the list. The problem with this is that our entire company/organization, and the majority of our clients create meetings from the desktop Outlook application, not the mobile app. They type in the address and send out the invite. Apparently doing it this way doesn't allow for any type of "validation" as I see no option to do so from within the Outlook desktop application. Furthermore, you cannot expect everyone to create calendar events from the mobile app. That would be absurd.

    I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Outlook mobile app with no change. All of my colleagues who I have checked with (10-15 people) have the same issue.

    I opened up a support case through the Outlook mobile app and am currently working with a tech. The tech requested I create a screen recording of the issue, which I have done, and shared the video via my Box account. They requested I upload the video using a cloud sharing platform of my choice...Apparently Microsoft/Outlook doesn't have this functionality easily available to its customers....But they require their customers to be crafty enough to provide proof of an issue - an issue that shows how nothing happens when tapping on a field. OK here's your video of nothing happening, hope that helps!

    Anyways, I am still waiting to hear back from the Outlook tech and hope to have a resolution soon. Will update this thread with my findings.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-10-18T19:41:09+00:00

    Hi, I encountered this as well, apparently it was removed for some reason. (not sure by what organization, whether MS or in our Office 365 tenant)

    a workaround is 

    If you are having the same as me then what you can do instead of placing the bridge details in the location field, is to place them in the first line of the description\body of the meeting request.

    The result it takes 2 presses to dial the number; first press to open the description, second to dial the number.   I just tested this and it works.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-10-21T13:16:38+00:00

    We have seen this same issue too.  I have confirmed that 11.4.1 iOS has same issue.  One thing is that we have InTune managing devices. You cannot have our email unless we manage the device.  We also do not allow data to leave the container, or outside any non-MAM apps.  But this seems that the location field is locked.  Not share between apps issue, but more of the field is not clickable at all.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-10-21T18:53:05+00:00

    Looks like this feature was intentionally removed.

    I got the following response from Support: "As per checking, this is a recent change in the app for privacy reasons. This is now the intended behaviour in the app. For now, you can submit a request for this feature through Settings > Help & Feedback > Suggest a feature."

    As JohnEdmondsonmentions above, the workaround is to place the dial-in in the description of the calendar invite and the dial-in works like before.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more