Outlook 2016 "open in new window" doesn't remember size

Anonymous
2018-09-15T16:41:11+00:00

Hi Everyone,

since yesterday my Outlook 2016 via Office 365 (64bit Version 1808 Build 10730.20102) does not remember the size of a new window opened -> e.g. Calendar or Tasks.

Everytime I resize it, close it and reopen it, it will open in a smaller Window on the wrong postion.

I have rebooted, started in Outlook in safe mode, disabled all Add-Ins and also reinstalled Office ... nothing helped.

This is really annoying and I need a fix for this.

Example:

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-11-15T16:32:29+00:00

    I wish they would fix this asap. I have the same issue with all Office Apps. 

    According to MS this was never a feature that Window Size and Position would be saved.

    I personally know that it worked for the last 20+ years without being a formal feature.

    So Microsoft: Fix this !!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-11-15T16:13:57+00:00

    This problem started in on all 13 of our office machines 2 weeks ago. It's happening in Excel also. Its a huge efficiency issue on top of being extremely annoying. What's the fix or when can we expect a fix? Dumping this issue off on a message board where the programmers may see it and might work on it if they feel like it is not an answer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-10-31T15:26:25+00:00

    Hi Andy,

    Greetings. It’s been a while since the last reply and I sincerely wish that you have a good time during this time. About this issue, please keep on monitoring the UserVoice forum and if there is any updates about this issue, our developers will update here.

    Looking forward to your understanding.

    Thanks,

    Jennifer

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-10-09T10:54:39+00:00

    Hi Andy,

    Greetings. As you can see in below picture, I have test this in the Windows version build 1709 and the lastest Office 365 build and Outlook is behaving the same way. And yes, I do report this question to our relate team before. 

    Thanks for your understanding.

    Regards,

    Jennifer

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-10-08T08:53:34+00:00

    Hi Jennifer,

    appreciate that you have put the effort in testing all this.

    I still can't figure out why it worked all my life with all Office releases and all Windows releases up until few weeks ago.

    Software can't just magically change ... 

    Last question: In your test with build 1709, did you use the lastest Office 365 build ? 

    Is it possible to test with 1709 and Office version released prior to August 2018 ?

    Something must have changed in the code ...

    Here is the request for the feature to be added: Outlook should remember its windows sizes and positions

    Can you forward with to the right teams ?

    Thanks a lot

    Regards

    Andy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments