Configuring preferences and options in Outlook.com
Back to old version of Outlook (Don't want Beta)
I have a Beta version of Outlook which I don't care for... How do I get back to my original version or Classic version...
Moved from: Outlook.com / Email / Connecting to Outlook.com with apps and devices
Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
61 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2018-11-11T19:25:17+00:00 -
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2018-11-12T09:42:46+00:00 Thanks that link has taken me to the original version.
Current issues I have with the "Beta" version:
- Intermittently the Inbox will decide not to display all messages in the Inbox. It refreshes with the messages there then instantly refreshes and they are gone. It is generally the more recent messages this happens to. They generally come back randomly at a later date.
- When I move messages to a folder they sometimes reappear instantly back in Inbox (suggesting the move failed for some reason)
- When it does move messages sometimes other messages reappear in the Inbox (prob releated to both items above)
- when creating new messages and typing in the senders name in fails to display the senders name in the list. this is the norm but intermittently it does display them but soon reverts back to not finding them
- sending messages quite often fails and it can take upwards of 20 attempts before it sends. once this starts happening it can take a while before it will send messages normally.
All these things are intermittent but some more frequent than others.
Sometimes switching to another browswer will cure a particular issue temporarily but I have tried a number of browsers (Firefox, Opera, Chrome, Vivaldi ...) and they all experience these type of issues at some point.
-
Anonymous
2018-11-12T14:44:43+00:00 Let's face it, Unless it's a solution that can be read off a scripted piece of paper, They're not going to bother to fix it.
Now how do I unsubscribe from this forum? It's clear MS is unable or unwilling to help restore the previous version of outlook and I'm getting sick of getting 4-5 notifications an hour that this thread is still going in my activity center.
-
Don Varnau 19,930 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2018-11-12T14:50:12+00:00 Now how do I unsubscribe from this forum?
@ VyvynCruxButt
To unsubscribe:
At the end of the first post https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/edge/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-edge-from-my-computer/d8c164dc-0028-4cd7-be85-dd813ddbda9a[on this page](https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/back-to-old-version-of-outlook-dont-want-beta/0feafa88-0e4b-4ceb-8b3c-f9d1aea616e3) click on the 3 dots and unsubscribe.
Don