Configuring preferences and options in Outlook.com
Back to old version of Outlook (Don't want Beta)
I have a Beta version of Outlook which I don't care for... How do I get back to my original version or Classic version...
Moved from: Outlook.com / Email / Connecting to Outlook.com with apps and devices
Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
61 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2018-11-11T19:25:17+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-11-08T15:38:20+00:00 I have a Beta version of Outlook which I don't care for... How do I get back to my original version or Classic version...
DEAR SIR,
HAVE A GOOD DAY,
IT IS TO INFORM YOU, THAT I AM UNABALE TO UE MY HOTMAIL ACCOUNT ON WINDOWS XP TO DUE TO THIS BETA VERSION.
PLEASE RESTORE & CONVERT MY HOTMAIL A/C. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** TO THE PREVIOUSLY OLD & CLASSIC VERSION, SO THAT I CAN OPEN & SEND REPLIES TO MY INCOMING EMAILS FROM MY ACCOUNT.
THANKS & BEST REGARDS,
TARIQ NASEER
CELL: <removed>
-
Anonymous
2018-11-07T23:53:38+00:00 The https://outlook.live.com/owa/?path=/classic works for now but for how long?
It's devastating to be forced to use an interface we haven't asked for. Outside search -though you keep making it a thing to remember my search terms, which I don't want-, this new version is horrendous. It's slower for older computers, readability is far worse... I can't believe that I typed a thank you and Outlook asked me if I wanted to convert that to an emoji. Really????? Who comes up with this and who validates that??
It's unreal and extremely disappointing. We use email for work. MS knows that. It's unreal.
-
Anonymous
2018-11-07T21:01:04+00:00 I am trying to update an old email in order to forward it to someone else, but new Outlook jumps around and does not let me make corrections. I try to scroll down to the bottom, but when I get toward the bottom with the cursor and I try to move the cursor into the email to make some changes, the new Outlook jerks the whole email back to the top. NEW OUTLOOK REFUSES TO ALLOW ME TO GET TO A LOWER PORTION (of an old email) AND MAKE CHANGES AFTER SCROLLING DOWN. The only solution is using the up/down arrows to go down, and that takes a major amount of time with a long email. Whoever came up with this disaster never ran a business and dealt with all kinds of emails. I, too, want back the old Outlook.
ALSO, when I try to 'search' for a subject line in a former email, half the time the 'search' is a failure. I must keep searching until this pitiful new Outlook finally pulls up something I can use.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GIVE US BACK Classic Outlook. YOU ARE DRIVING ME AND OTHERS CRAZY.
-
Anonymous
2018-11-07T17:54:53+00:00 Nothing comes up for this link