Back to old version of Outlook (Don't want Beta)

Anonymous
2018-03-26T22:44:28+00:00

I have a Beta version of Outlook which I don't care for... How do I get back to my original version or Classic version...

Moved from:      Outlook.com / Email / Connecting to Outlook.com with apps and devices

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

61 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-07-16T06:43:57+00:00

    The desktop version has a 'slider' which can be clicked on to switch between the original and beta versions of mail. It is in the upper right area of the main page. With the mobile phone version, you need to scroll to the very bottom of all your folders (inbox, sent, drafts, etc) and you will find the same slider there. Took me a while to accidentally discover that, and it made my life so much better, being able to switch off the beta version!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-07-16T04:17:50+00:00

    Hi Marc,

    We just want to follow up on your concern about going back to the classic Outlook.com. Have you already found a resolution? If not, let us know so we could help you out.

    We'll wait for your response.

    How do I remove the beta version of mail, I hate it!  not only is it confusing it doesn't keep my email long enough I can't sort things out without losing them either and the more I try to organize things so they don't get lost the more the program wants to control what I'm doing and the more I lose or more things get scattered.....  WTH  all I want is to open my mail and be able to see my messages! ALL my messages going back as long as I want to keep them there~ I don't need your intrusive privacy statement BS in my email telling me what's FOCUSED and other just so you can SPY on me!  Your making me lose invoices and personal and financial statements that are of great importance!!!!!!!   Can you tell me how to revert back to the regular outlook or do I have to disable it all together and just open it up in MSN?  just so I can keep my messages and some coherent organization?  You people always trying to fix something that isn't broke now your trying to organize something you have NO F%#$% CLUE ABOUT!!!!  HELP!

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Brian Tillman [Outlook MVP 2007-2019] 25,925 Reputation points
    2018-07-16T03:37:47+00:00

    If you don't have the beta slider, then you cannot go back. Even if you have the slider now, it will be gone soon and everyone will have the new interface, which is no longer beta, but production.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-07-16T00:18:40+00:00

    Help!!!!!!

    I don't want the Beta Version, How do I go back to the original Outlook Mail version? I can't use Beta. Clicked on Beta accidently. Please help.  Bev

    ******@hotmail.com

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-07-16T00:04:47+00:00

    I would like to return to the Classic Outlook.com. My Outlook Mail. I do not like the Outlook beta. Please help me with this. I appreciate your help. Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments