Outlook for Android Double Notifications

Anonymous
2018-03-14T22:10:53+00:00

This has been a problem for quite some time that I've had on two different Android phones both with the Outlook app and Android 8 (Oreo). The problem is I get double notifications (the sound part of a notification) for EVERY email that arrives on my phone. On top of that, notifications are often delayed by minutes or hours and then all arrive in a stream of double notifications. People ask me what's wrong with my phone when it starts dinging for 20 seconds (it doesn't help that I have Mario themed notifications so it sounds like I'm on a real coin streak :)).

All other apps on my phone work properly - it's only the Outlook for Android app that causes this. This is a widespread issue with little or no real solutions to it out there that I can find. Everything seems to point to it being an Outlook issue, not an Android issue. 

I've discovered that if I close the Outlook app on my phone (remove it from recent apps), then the double notifications stop. But as soon as I open the app again then they start again until I remove it from recent apps. 

My phones that have had this problem are the Nexus 5X and now I have a OnePlus 5T. Both vastly different devices but the common thread is Android 8 and Outlook. 

Please confirm that this widespread issue is in the queue for being fixed and provide a timeline for when I can expect my double notifications to stop. Fixing the delayed notifications would be great as well although I don't know for sure that's an Outlook problem.

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for Android | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2018-04-25T16:03:38+00:00

seems fixed on the newest update last April 24 Version 2.2.143. please confirm. thanks

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-04-25T18:42:43+00:00

    Just checked, still on 2.2.131 which came last week, no 2.2.143 available. If you're talking about the multiple notifications, yep they come in on a stream of ding, ding, ding yada yada, really annoying. It's like they're being cached for some reason and it's not a signal issue because new emails show up but the notifications may show up later.

    As for syncing of Contacts 2 ways, that's still not working either.

    Guess I'll just keep checking on the update you mentioned.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-04-19T15:46:12+00:00

    Not sure how to get their attention, maybe closing it is a way of making the issue go away. 

    And while I'm at it, in Outlook (the real Outlook on Exchange) I use the Notes field in the Contact for a lot of useful things and the Notes Field doesn't show up in the Android version. Sometimes there's a word or too but usually nothing. This also needs to be fixed. 

    What I still don't understand is the Syncing issue, if email and Calendars can sync why can't Contacts sync from the phone back to Exchange??? I keep asking and nobody has a reason, it can't be technical, there's an internet connection back to the server, so SYNC the info.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-04-19T06:04:48+00:00

    Hello,

    The issue has been closed in the Outlook uservoice. I can't vote on it because it is "completed." The comment says to Please contact us through the Help Section of the app (in the Settings) tap settings> Help & Feedback> Contact Support so that we can assist you in the best possible way.

    Obviously that is not working, so we need a way to bring up the votes on this problem where Microsoft will take it seriously. What are other ways to voice this notification problem?

    Doug

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-04-03T04:07:23+00:00

    Hi,

    The best that we could suggest for now is to submit your issue using Outlook uservoice. You can either vote on an existing submission or submit a new concern. When you submit a feedback item, we gather additional details and information about your issue that will help determine what’s causing it and address it. Feedback items regularly receive Microsoft responses on the submissions in the Feedback app so you can see what we are doing about your feedback. Please revisit frequently to see the status of your feedback items.

    For any other concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments