how can I block spam from 'appspot.com'

Anonymous
2019-08-24T04:18:07+00:00

I am getting as many as 50 emails a day from appspot.com

the emails come in many forms - examples:

  • ******@bjallthebj.appspot.com
  • ******@facebokmessenger.appspot.com
  • ******@datingnowclub.appspot.com

***and many other versions

I have been blocking them, but think I have reached my limit of blocked senders

MS support states you can have up to 1,024 addresses or domains in the blocked senders and safe senders lists

I have diligently been reporting them as phishing & blocking them daily - but seems there is no remedy?

***is there anything I can do to stop these emails from coming in?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-11-07T23:29:34+00:00

    I believe rules only work for your inbox not your Junk Folder, so if these are going to your junk folder rules will not work.

    What I did was actually block the domain of these emails such as 

    hotmail-verified.appspot.com

    hotmail-marketing.appspot.com

    hotmail-dating.appspot.com

    certificate-253617.appspot.com

    and that seems to be working.

    Here is a link that goes through the steps on blocking. 

    https://www.lifewire.com/block-domain-in-hotmail-1164521

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-11-18T18:24:24+00:00

    I'm getting over a 100 emails a day from domain "259323.appspot.com". Tried to setup a rule, but get an error message that the sender is not found.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-11-18T19:26:16+00:00

    I think the ''appspot.com'' sites are governed by googles ad partners.

    here are some of my findings.. 

    hotmail-verified.appspot.com

    hotmail-marketing.appspot.com

    hotmail-dating.appspot.com

    certificate-253617.appspot.com

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-11-19T23:06:05+00:00

    Correct - rules do not apply to the Spam folder.  I suddenly started getting 100's of spam emails after years of not getting any on my hotmail account.  I have been working with MS Support to no avail - no reduction in spam.  Until they allow use of rules in the spam folder, i think there is no relief...

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more