how can I block spam from 'appspot.com'

Anonymous
2019-08-24T04:18:07+00:00

I am getting as many as 50 emails a day from appspot.com

the emails come in many forms - examples:

  • ******@bjallthebj.appspot.com
  • ******@facebokmessenger.appspot.com
  • ******@datingnowclub.appspot.com

***and many other versions

I have been blocking them, but think I have reached my limit of blocked senders

MS support states you can have up to 1,024 addresses or domains in the blocked senders and safe senders lists

I have diligently been reporting them as phishing & blocking them daily - but seems there is no remedy?

***is there anything I can do to stop these emails from coming in?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-08-24T04:22:47+00:00

    Hi spartanSM,

    I'm Tyler, an independent advisor trying to help.

    As I understand it, you haven't blocked the domains of those spam emails right? If you don't, I would suggest doing so. That should help stopping the spam emails.

    In the article below are steps on how to do so!

    > https://www.lifewire.com/block-sender-outlook-1...

    I hope this helps you.

    Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

    Best Regards,

    Tyler.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2019-10-06T16:40:32+00:00

    Hi spartanSM,

    I'm Tyler, an independent advisor trying to help.

    As I understand it, you haven't blocked the domains of those spam emails right? If you don't, I would suggest doing so. That should help stopping the spam emails.

    In the article below are steps on how to do so!

    > https://www.lifewire.com/block-sender-outlook-1...

    I hope this helps you.

    Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

    Best Regards,

    Tyler.

    I have this problem too, I will try the suggestions you stated.. I have tried to block the troublesome spam to no avail so your suggestion is welcome news..  thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-10-23T13:21:49+00:00

    Try creating a rule. For instance if sender email contains "hotmail-notice.appspot.com" then "delete".  I just tried this this morning hoping at least they won't go into my junk email folder anymore.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-10-23T13:33:22+00:00

    Try creating a rule. For instance if sender email contains "hotmail-notice.appspot.com" then "delete".  I just tried this this morning hoping at least they won't go into my junk email folder anymore. 

    tried that, no luck. app spot deluges my junk mail, blocking or deleting to no avail.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments