how can I block spam from 'appspot.com'

Anonymous
2019-08-24T04:18:07+00:00

I am getting as many as 50 emails a day from appspot.com

the emails come in many forms - examples:

  • ******@bjallthebj.appspot.com
  • ******@facebokmessenger.appspot.com
  • ******@datingnowclub.appspot.com

***and many other versions

I have been blocking them, but think I have reached my limit of blocked senders

MS support states you can have up to 1,024 addresses or domains in the blocked senders and safe senders lists

I have diligently been reporting them as phishing & blocking them daily - but seems there is no remedy?

***is there anything I can do to stop these emails from coming in?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-12-01T22:47:41+00:00

    Thanks for the insight and tip! I’ll try that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-12-01T19:05:23+00:00

    yes...  deleted folder

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-12-01T16:14:34+00:00

    When you say Delete, does it jut move them to the Deleted Items folder?

    yes..

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-12-01T15:54:01+00:00

    When you say Delete, does it jut move them to the Deleted Items folder?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-12-01T15:39:15+00:00

    your strategy of adding a nuisance domain to safe senders, then create a rule that deletes all the emails from the nuisance domain. The caveat is that you have to add everything past the @ sign into the safe domain list!! App spot always has some numbers/characters right after the @ sign!!! The good news, if you can call it that, is that apps pot has a limited group of characters after the @ sign... I have only personally seen about 10 or so unique sets of characters between the @ sihn and .appspot.com  Try try your strategy every time you get a new appspot domain after the @ sign. At one point, I was flooded with @dating-261239.appspot.com. (not sure of the actual numbers in the domain right now). I added that domain to safe senders, then a corresponding rule that deleted them when they got to my inbox...

    I have used the same strategy for a few other nuisance junk mail domains...  dosoinfo.com, opensubscribe.club, dermaflage.com  etc...  and it has stopped the flow of junk clogging up my junk mail folder.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments