how can I block spam from 'appspot.com'

Anonymous
2019-08-24T04:18:07+00:00

I am getting as many as 50 emails a day from appspot.com

the emails come in many forms - examples:

  • ******@bjallthebj.appspot.com
  • ******@facebokmessenger.appspot.com
  • ******@datingnowclub.appspot.com

***and many other versions

I have been blocking them, but think I have reached my limit of blocked senders

MS support states you can have up to 1,024 addresses or domains in the blocked senders and safe senders lists

I have diligently been reporting them as phishing & blocking them daily - but seems there is no remedy?

***is there anything I can do to stop these emails from coming in?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-12-21T08:34:16+00:00

    I’m assuming your issue is that the appspot.com emails are cluttering up your Junk Mail folder. If so:

    I actually discovered that creating an “appspot.com” “Safe Domain” for Junk Mail does in fact route nearly all of the appspot.com Junk mail to my Inbox. You need to route these “Junk” emails to your Inbox because Microsoft doesn’t provide Junk email rules similar to the Inbox rules. (Sometimes it takes Outlook a day or two for the Safe Domain to work.) Then I created an Inbox rule to DELETE all “appspot.com” emails.

    This approach gets rid of nearly all Junk appspot.com emails. However, there are still some appspot.com emails that get placed in the Junk folder. In that case, you need to create a “Safe Domain” for Junk mail for that specific email address. An example is “redirect10122019.appspot.com”.

    Another big issue I’m now encountering  are  emails coming from “Support@????????.de”. Looks like there is a random character generator that places characters where the question marks are in my example. There doesn’t appear to be any way to create a Junk email Safe Domain for this pattern. MICROSOFT - PLEASE WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE!!!!!!!

    In the meantime, I suggest everyone who is getting this garbage, to please report them as phishing emails to Microsoft. It may help wake them up - coffee certainly doesn’t seem to be working!

    The Dating spammers can easily get around a rule in Hotmail by bombarding you with up to 8 spam emails at a time. From what i've been able to see, rules in Hotmail only work if one email is sent at a time. If two or more spam emails are sent at once, the second and subsequent emails arrive in your Inbox unimpeded. That's what's happening to me right now. I've created rules to re-direct problem domain names to Govt spam reporting services, but because they're getting around that by bombarding my email address, the rules simply don't work and you're back to manually clearing hundreds of spam from your Inbox every day.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-12-13T07:38:34+00:00

    I've got same issues! So tired of this blocking not working. They multiply!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-12-12T00:23:20+00:00

    I’m assuming your issue is that the appspot.com emails are cluttering up your Junk Mail folder. If so:

    I actually discovered that creating an “appspot.com” “Safe Domain” for Junk Mail does in fact route nearly all of the appspot.com Junk mail to my Inbox. You need to route these “Junk” emails to your Inbox because Microsoft doesn’t provide Junk email rules similar to the Inbox rules. (Sometimes it takes Outlook a day or two for the Safe Domain to work.) Then I created an Inbox rule to DELETE all “appspot.com” emails.

    This approach gets rid of nearly all Junk appspot.com emails. However, there are still some appspot.com emails that get placed in the Junk folder. In that case, you need to create a “Safe Domain” for Junk mail for that specific email address. An example is “redirect10122019.appspot.com”.

    Another big issue I’m now encountering  are  emails coming from “Support@????????.de”. Looks like there is a random character generator that places characters where the question marks are in my example. There doesn’t appear to be any way to create a Junk email Safe Domain for this pattern. MICROSOFT - PLEASE WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE!!!!!!!

    In the meantime, I suggest everyone who is getting this garbage, to please report them as phishing emails to Microsoft. It may help wake them up - coffee certainly doesn’t seem to be working!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-12-11T19:38:59+00:00

    I've blocked them multiple times but they seem to have a random number e-mail generator ! I'm getting 300+ a day ! What can I do ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-12-03T18:06:48+00:00

    Try adding the appspot.com domain to your safe senders list as any email 'from' address that 'contains' appspot.com Then you will be able to create a rule/s to auto-delete any email that contains that domain

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments