how can I block spam from 'appspot.com'

Anonymous
2019-08-24T04:18:07+00:00

I am getting as many as 50 emails a day from appspot.com

the emails come in many forms - examples:

  • ******@bjallthebj.appspot.com
  • ******@facebokmessenger.appspot.com
  • ******@datingnowclub.appspot.com

***and many other versions

I have been blocking them, but think I have reached my limit of blocked senders

MS support states you can have up to 1,024 addresses or domains in the blocked senders and safe senders lists

I have diligently been reporting them as phishing & blocking them daily - but seems there is no remedy?

***is there anything I can do to stop these emails from coming in?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-04-03T17:11:40+00:00

    Its looking more like google know whats going on and want ppl to go gmail so they can see who you get emails from so they target ads depending on what companys email you .i have seen ad choice are starting to pop up more in hotmail and linked to google chrome , i have started changing my emails to proton mail and going to close dowm my hotmail and gmail accounts ..

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-04-03T11:03:18+00:00

    This is why I started my transition to gmail a few months ago. Perhaps this is another way that Google is making Outlook (formerly Hotmail) look like trash?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-04-01T23:35:48+00:00

    I've been using thunderbird and created a filter to delete these emails in thunderbird client, most of the time it automatically cleans my junk folder from appspot.com, even for manual run, its just one or two clicks.

    Try creating filter in your mail clients.

    Here is my filter:

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-02-18T01:25:23+00:00

    I find it funny i sent google a message about the spam thats coming from a google domain and told them i will be avoiding any google site and now im getting more spam than ever before .

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-02-17T18:08:11+00:00
    1. "Rules" do not work on anything that goes to the junk folder.
    2. "Block" causes messages to be sent to the junk folder.
    3. Blocking a user or subdomain is useless when the usernames change by the minute and the subdomain names change by the day.

    It's ridiculous that you can't stop emails from coming into your junk email folder. You should be able to block senders completely from sending you any email at all, not just allow it to filter into your Junk.

    It's bonkers that I have to add a junk email sender to my safe list, just so I can delete all these emails.

    Come on Microsoft, sort it out!!

    T

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments