how can I block spam from 'appspot.com'

Anonymous
2019-08-24T04:18:07+00:00

I am getting as many as 50 emails a day from appspot.com

the emails come in many forms - examples:

  • ******@bjallthebj.appspot.com
  • ******@facebokmessenger.appspot.com
  • ******@datingnowclub.appspot.com

***and many other versions

I have been blocking them, but think I have reached my limit of blocked senders

MS support states you can have up to 1,024 addresses or domains in the blocked senders and safe senders lists

I have diligently been reporting them as phishing & blocking them daily - but seems there is no remedy?

***is there anything I can do to stop these emails from coming in?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-05-14T15:56:00+00:00

    Spam has decidely dropped.  Spam about dating and sex hook-ups dropped completely off for about four weeks, then started up again, and now have stopped again.  Spam filter in Hotmail is still buggy - I repeatedly designate certain emails from the spam folder as not junk, but they always end up in the spam folder anyway, as do all these comments from Microsoft Community - go figure...

    Hope everyone is staying healthy and sane!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-05-14T13:24:11+00:00

    Maybe COVID 19 has 1 good effect, i haven't received an email from Appspot in over 2 weeks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-05-14T09:04:43+00:00

    The thing i think is funny about a lot of the appspot spam is its a google domain , i tryed complaining to google that was a waste of time even after pointing out that a lot of the spam says they are facebook message and log on by hitting the link in the message so scammers are trying to get your password and info and various other fake email links trying to scam . Makes you wonder why google dont have rules in place to stop scammers using one of their domains for this kind of activates.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-05-14T07:08:08+00:00

    Unfortunately, you have to work around Microsoft's VERY flawed Outlook rules implementation. Microsoft thinks... Ohhh, if we just send several hundred of those appspot.com emails to the Junk folder, we've done our job. But they forget, they also mistakenly send valid emails to the Junk folder as well. So you (as their captive user) have to wade through hundreds of Junk emails each day before you delete all of your Junk emails so you don't accidentally delete that one email they mistakenly sent to your Junk folder (which you needed).

    The way I have gotten around this is that you have to create a "Junk" folder rule that makes something.appspot.com a trusted email/safe. This is because Microsoft's lame rules for the Junk folder won't allow using just "appspot.com" when creating a rule. It doesn't recognize that form as valid. What a bunch of ****...

    So that "something" I use is the last letter in the email address just prior to ".appspot.com". For example, if you're getting emails from something like "nnv$#cv*7qa.wrtvu.appspot.com" create a trusted/safe rule for your Junk folder with a "Sender's address containing"  "u.appspot.com". By just using the last letter "u" preceding ".appspot.com" it gets around Microsoft's email address validation **** rules; and it ignores any characters before the last letter (which appspot frequently changes). This causes Outlook to send the email to your Inbox. By the way, right now, the **** coming from appspot.com is preceded by the letter "r". So I've created a trusted/safe Junk rule that looks like "r.appspot.com".

    Now, once the email heads to your Inbox rather than the LAME Junk folder, you can use the more powerful Inbox rules to delete those **** emails with a "Senders address contains" Rule that has "r.appspot.com". Every appspot.com email that contains the letters "r.appspot.com" characters in it, regardless of what precedes those characters, will then be deleted by Outlook. So far I have about 7 Junk trusted/safe rules with matching Inbox rules that are deleting the appspot.com emails. Before I did this, I was getting around 400 - 600 emails per day from appspot.com. Also, by the way, for some reason, it sometimes takes these rules a day or so to take effect. 

    Too bad we have to do all this for a really poor rule implementation in Outlook. Hey, Microsoft, WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE! This is a real problem and your implementation of Outlook rules is really, really, really LAME! I strongly recommend Microsoft get some real Product Managers to fix Outlooks rules problem. It's making Outlook more and more useless. And I'm certain this isn't an engineering problem; but more of a leadership issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-05-14T02:49:54+00:00

    I have tried creating several rules but none of them help, and I have gotten over 50 emails from "appspot" addresses a day sometimes even after trying to create rules.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments