how can I block spam from 'appspot.com'

Anonymous
2019-08-24T04:18:07+00:00

I am getting as many as 50 emails a day from appspot.com

the emails come in many forms - examples:

  • ******@bjallthebj.appspot.com
  • ******@facebokmessenger.appspot.com
  • ******@datingnowclub.appspot.com

***and many other versions

I have been blocking them, but think I have reached my limit of blocked senders

MS support states you can have up to 1,024 addresses or domains in the blocked senders and safe senders lists

I have diligently been reporting them as phishing & blocking them daily - but seems there is no remedy?

***is there anything I can do to stop these emails from coming in?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-04-01T23:35:48+00:00

    I've been using thunderbird and created a filter to delete these emails in thunderbird client, most of the time it automatically cleans my junk folder from appspot.com, even for manual run, its just one or two clicks.

    Try creating filter in your mail clients.

    Here is my filter:

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-02-18T01:25:23+00:00

    I find it funny i sent google a message about the spam thats coming from a google domain and told them i will be avoiding any google site and now im getting more spam than ever before .

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-01-29T01:57:51+00:00

    Make that count = 1000000

    and get all your friends to do the same

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-01-29T01:49:47+00:00
    1. "Rules" do not work on anything that goes to the junk folder.
    2. "Block" causes messages to be sent to the junk folder.
    3. Blocking a user or subdomain is useless when the usernames change by the minute and the subdomain names change by the day.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-01-29T00:49:51+00:00

    Again, this is because we are not really allowed to block a domain.

    If we could REALLY refuse or redirect ALL messages from an entire domain, regardless of sub-domain, THEN we could defend ourselves.

    Ask Microsoft to block Appspot. They deserve it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments