IMAP is not working correctly on Outlook Office365. Error: "User is authenticated but not connected"

Anonymous
2019-04-01T17:16:04+00:00

Hello

Since a couple of weeks I get the problem that IMAP services are not working correctly.

Problem:

I have a GMail client on an Android phone, and a Thunderbird client. Both using IMAP to reach my emails.

From time to time the IMAP service responds with the error "User is authenticated but not connected" and denies the synchronization of the emails, for around 15-30 minutes. In this time I can not access nor answer my emails from the clients.

I have tried from mobilenet and from fix wifi, but I get the same results. So it is independent from the connection.

I have found some hints that this is due to the "chatty client policy" of the cloud.

However this is not an excuse. I need my two clients for work, and I have a business package.

How can I overcome this problem?

Thank you in advance.

r

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-06-25T15:29:15+00:00

    Hi Artur,

    Did you got some information to your ticket? I am still struggling with the support.

    The public support here was more willing to help than the Office 365 Ambassador which I am in contact with...

    Regards,

    Robert

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-05-23T15:42:30+00:00

    Hi Artur,

    Just as information for you. I got some answer from the ticket. But I have to start from scratch, to get to somebody who understands the Office365 cloud system. I think I am at some kind of first level support. And they want to validate my client settings (via screenshots), however I have sent them the OpenSSL logs which clearly shows that it is not client dependent.

    Hopefully there will be some answers later on.

    Regards,

    Robert

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-05-21T09:33:45+00:00

    Hello Galambos,

    I have replied you via private message. Please check your PM. 

    Regards,

    Rick

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-05-21T06:33:06+00:00

    Hello Rick,

    If there is any new additional information.

    Would you please be so kind and share it also with me?

    Regards,

    Robert

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-05-21T02:51:55+00:00

    Hello Artur,

    Regarding to this problem, I have consulted the senior members before. Due to privacy, I have replied you via private message: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/privatemessage/inbox

    Regards,

    Rick

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments