Configuring preferences and options in Outlook.com
Had the same issue. Seems to me Google had fixed this by a new release. Gmail 2019.11.03.280318276.release
You can fetch this apk from apkmirrors, then everything works as it should. :)
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi. I own an Android smartphone and have setup access to my Outlook email via the 'Exchange and Office 365' settings in the Gmail app as I prefer to keep my accounts on one app for convenience (also have the Exchange Services app installed). Unfortunately, this functionality seems to have broken around about the time that Google pushed out their most recent app update. I've tried setting up using the servers 'm.outlook.com', 'm.hotmail.com' and 'eas.outlook.com', all of which 'work' in that the initial setup completes but email and calendar sync never actually happens and I get a flag from Google saying to contact IT Admin instead. Has anyone else who accesses their Outlook via Gmail had this problem? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Configuring preferences and options in Outlook.com
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Had the same issue. Seems to me Google had fixed this by a new release. Gmail 2019.11.03.280318276.release
You can fetch this apk from apkmirrors, then everything works as it should. :)
Is this release available through an official channel?
Is this release available through an official channel?
Yes. Google has fixed the issue
Didn't fix it for me. Tried deleting account...updating gmail...re-adding hotmail account (with exchange settings)...and I get the same security error.
I think Microsoft has to change something on their end so exchange plays nice with the new gmail security settings. Perhaps it's an account by account thing - but I'm not sure how we track that down!
Didn't fix it for me. Tried deleting account...updating gmail...re-adding hotmail account (with exchange settings)...and I get the same security error.
I think Microsoft has to change something on their end so exchange plays nice with the new gmail security settings. Perhaps it's an account by account thing - but I'm not sure how we track that down!
Not sure what's your setup, but this is what I did & hope it helps.
That's what I did.