Exchange Account Setup in Gmail Broken

Anonymous
2019-11-09T23:03:00+00:00

Hi. I own an Android smartphone and have setup access to my Outlook email via the 'Exchange and Office 365' settings in the Gmail app as I prefer to keep my accounts on one app for convenience (also have the Exchange Services app installed). Unfortunately, this functionality seems to have broken around about the time that Google pushed out their most recent app update. I've tried setting up using the servers 'm.outlook.com', 'm.hotmail.com' and 'eas.outlook.com', all of which 'work' in that the initial setup completes but email and calendar sync never actually happens and I get a flag from Google saying to contact IT Admin instead. Has anyone else who accesses their Outlook via Gmail had this problem? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-11-14T15:49:38+00:00

    Hi Keith. I too am experiencing the exact same thing with my exchange account. Identical error message on my android phone. Did you ever find a solution? Currently I'm doing a work around and using the Outlook app and seperate calendar to be able to view them which is very inconvenient. I too like all my emails/calendae grouped in one place.

    Just install the older GMail apk version from September 27:

    https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/gmail/

    Then make sure that automatic updates are disabled for GMail in the Play Store App.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-11-15T11:56:53+00:00

    This is obviously a problem with the last Gmail client update thus a Google issue. There is a thread about that on Gmail support forums.

    I guess only thing we can do is to wait for Gmail to provide a fix

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-11-15T12:23:15+00:00

    Just install the older GMail apk version from September 27:

    https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/gmail/

    Then make sure that automatic updates are disabled for GMail in the Play Store App.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-11-15T13:33:26+00:00

    Just install the older GMail apk version from September 27:

    https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/gmail/

    Then make sure that automatic updates are disabled for GMail in the Play Store App.

    DO I NEED TO UNINSTALL THE the Gmail app before installing old version?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-11-15T13:57:58+00:00

    You can install the older version on top of any other.  No need to uninstall first.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments