Configuring preferences and options in Outlook.com
Just install the older GMail apk version from September 27:
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/gmail/
Then make sure that automatic updates are disabled for GMail in the Play Store App.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi. I own an Android smartphone and have setup access to my Outlook email via the 'Exchange and Office 365' settings in the Gmail app as I prefer to keep my accounts on one app for convenience (also have the Exchange Services app installed). Unfortunately, this functionality seems to have broken around about the time that Google pushed out their most recent app update. I've tried setting up using the servers 'm.outlook.com', 'm.hotmail.com' and 'eas.outlook.com', all of which 'work' in that the initial setup completes but email and calendar sync never actually happens and I get a flag from Google saying to contact IT Admin instead. Has anyone else who accesses their Outlook via Gmail had this problem? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Configuring preferences and options in Outlook.com
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Just install the older GMail apk version from September 27:
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/gmail/
Then make sure that automatic updates are disabled for GMail in the Play Store App.
This is obviously a problem with the last Gmail client update thus a Google issue. There is a thread about that on Gmail support forums.
I guess only thing we can do is to wait for Gmail to provide a fix
Hi Keith. I too am experiencing the exact same thing with my exchange account. Identical error message on my android phone. Did you ever find a solution? Currently I'm doing a work around and using the Outlook app and seperate calendar to be able to view them which is very inconvenient. I too like all my emails/calendae grouped in one place.
Just install the older GMail apk version from September 27:
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/gmail/
Then make sure that automatic updates are disabled for GMail in the Play Store App.
Hi Keith. I too am experiencing the exact same thing with my exchange account. Identical error message on my android phone. Did you ever find a solution? Currently I'm doing a work around and using the Outlook app and seperate calendar to be able to view them which is very inconvenient. I too like all my emails/calendae grouped in one place.
This temporary fix has worked - but Gmail has clearly changed the way they support certain security...so Microsoft is going to need to change how the public Outlook and Hotmail Exchange servers are setup. No more generic setting of the "wipe your phone" option. Of course, they may just say - too bad...use Outlook app if you want it.
Hope this gets sorted soon!