Exchange Account Setup in Gmail Broken

Anonymous
2019-11-09T23:03:00+00:00

Hi. I own an Android smartphone and have setup access to my Outlook email via the 'Exchange and Office 365' settings in the Gmail app as I prefer to keep my accounts on one app for convenience (also have the Exchange Services app installed). Unfortunately, this functionality seems to have broken around about the time that Google pushed out their most recent app update. I've tried setting up using the servers 'm.outlook.com', 'm.hotmail.com' and 'eas.outlook.com', all of which 'work' in that the initial setup completes but email and calendar sync never actually happens and I get a flag from Google saying to contact IT Admin instead. Has anyone else who accesses their Outlook via Gmail had this problem? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-11-20T00:10:50+00:00

    Is this release available through an official channel?

    Yes. Google has fixed the issue

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-11-19T15:04:22+00:00

    Is this release available through an official channel?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-11-19T08:48:29+00:00

    Had the same issue. Seems to me Google had fixed this by a new release. Gmail 2019.11.03.280318276.release

    You can fetch this apk from apkmirrors, then everything works as it should. :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-11-17T23:24:47+00:00

    Hi Everyone, I did try to install the older GMAIL.

    -install to the newer version didn't work at all.

    • had to uninstall the GMAIL app and install the September version, but when I tried to add the Exchange account just bounced back to the account setup email and did nothing.

    The strange thing is, it does only with my company account (I got the same update account and the error message a week ago, after that I had to remove the account ) and I'm not able to add it again. It works with the Outlook app, but not in Gmail. Moreover, I'm still using a few O365 Exchange accounts with Gmail without any issues. 

    If you had any other ideas, please share it with me as I would like to use all accounts with the Gmail app somehow.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-11-16T14:58:15+00:00

    Anyone tried the November 15th Gmail update to see if it is fixed?

    I actually think Microsoft is going to have to make a change on their end...but maybe google will back off the changes if enough people complain.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments