Configuring preferences and options in Outlook.com
It appears to be a new issue with the mail app, affecting all users.
Try using your actual password. Does the mail app ask for the second factor?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi. I own an Android smartphone and have setup access to my Outlook email via the 'Exchange and Office 365' settings in the Gmail app as I prefer to keep my accounts on one app for convenience (also have the Exchange Services app installed). Unfortunately, this functionality seems to have broken around about the time that Google pushed out their most recent app update. I've tried setting up using the servers 'm.outlook.com', 'm.hotmail.com' and 'eas.outlook.com', all of which 'work' in that the initial setup completes but email and calendar sync never actually happens and I get a flag from Google saying to contact IT Admin instead. Has anyone else who accesses their Outlook via Gmail had this problem? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Configuring preferences and options in Outlook.com
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
It appears to be a new issue with the mail app, affecting all users.
Try using your actual password. Does the mail app ask for the second factor?
Hi Keith,
It seems to set up ok but fails to sync anything?
Do you have 2-factor authentication enabled on your account?
Hi Diane,
Yes, 2FA is setup but I'm using an app password. Account setup via Exchange sets up without complaint but when I go to my email after setup, it doesn't sync (nor the calendar) and I get the attached dialogue instead. The only factor which has changed is
the app version but even a roll back via sideload doesn't seem to fix the issue.
Hi Keith,
It seems to set up ok but fails to sync anything?
Do you have 2-factor authentication enabled on your account?