Exchange Account Setup in Gmail Broken

Anonymous
2019-11-09T23:03:00+00:00

Hi. I own an Android smartphone and have setup access to my Outlook email via the 'Exchange and Office 365' settings in the Gmail app as I prefer to keep my accounts on one app for convenience (also have the Exchange Services app installed). Unfortunately, this functionality seems to have broken around about the time that Google pushed out their most recent app update. I've tried setting up using the servers 'm.outlook.com', 'm.hotmail.com' and 'eas.outlook.com', all of which 'work' in that the initial setup completes but email and calendar sync never actually happens and I get a flag from Google saying to contact IT Admin instead. Has anyone else who accesses their Outlook via Gmail had this problem? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-04-18T11:08:51+00:00

    It's a Korean video, but please refer to this video.

    https://youtu.be/f6NW29roZNg

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-02-16T23:46:37+00:00

    It connected for me to the exchange server eas.outlook.com after I added my mobile phone number and Gmail that I use on the mobile device to the Email aliases.

    Open the email in web browser on your pc, open mail settings and go to Mail > Sync email > Manage or choose a primary alias.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-02-16T18:39:59+00:00

    I tried various solutions including mutiple versions of the gmail app to no avail. The only solution I have found is to enable 2fa on my hotmail account, add a new exchange account via the gmail app and sign in with the app password as supplied in the microsoft account security settings. This seems to get around whatever it is that google/microsoft have broken.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-02-14T00:07:21+00:00

    It stopped working for me today, I tried all the mentioned above domains but it can't connect to the server. 

    My Gmail app version is 2020.01.27.293735221

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-12-06T18:20:48+00:00

    In reply to all: I also struggled for days and tried all the above. One issue was either to use as domain: eas.outlook.com, outlook.live.com or outlook.office365.com when adding the exchange account. On eas and office365 I was able to get the account added, but nothing showed in the calendar. On the outlook.live.com I got: cannot connect to server.

    After endlessly adding the account with my email address and alias email addresses, I finally stumbled by coincidence over a setting in my Microsoft account that showed which mobile devices were allowed to sync with Outlook. There were about 5 Outlook devices listed (click on the pen icon and it will provide more info), which were all related to the Android phone (Moto 6), some entries were old and from a previous phone. I deleted them all, deleted the Outlook exchange account on the phone and then added the Outlook account again through Exchange.

    As my email address is a Hotmail address, it said I needed to add it as Hotmail, but that does not give you the contacts and calendar. So I added it manually and used the eas.outlook.com domain (as said, on the outlook.live.com domain it did not work). I do not know why it has to be the eas.outlook.com domain, but it it immediately synced my outlook calendar with the Google calendar, which is what I wanted.

    The setting for the syncing of the mobile devices you will find in Outlook, go to Setting, go to All Outlook settings, go to General.

    Now my phone is added with a new Outlook and  an Android entry in the above screenshot. Do not ask me why twice, but my calendar now finally works. 

    By the way, if you want your calendar entries to show up on your lock screen (that was a nice Windows phone feature), use the Calendar notify app.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments