Configuring preferences and options in Outlook.com
Yes, for me it started to work again right after I accepted this.
This Exchange is not configured with this security policy but the Gmail app asks me to accept this anyway?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi. I own an Android smartphone and have setup access to my Outlook email via the 'Exchange and Office 365' settings in the Gmail app as I prefer to keep my accounts on one app for convenience (also have the Exchange Services app installed). Unfortunately, this functionality seems to have broken around about the time that Google pushed out their most recent app update. I've tried setting up using the servers 'm.outlook.com', 'm.hotmail.com' and 'eas.outlook.com', all of which 'work' in that the initial setup completes but email and calendar sync never actually happens and I get a flag from Google saying to contact IT Admin instead. Has anyone else who accesses their Outlook via Gmail had this problem? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Configuring preferences and options in Outlook.com
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Yes, for me it started to work again right after I accepted this.
This Exchange is not configured with this security policy but the Gmail app asks me to accept this anyway?
The remote-wipe ability is nothing new with Exchange. No need for double-exclamations. 😊 Did you actually get the sync working, though?
I have had this problem too after last weekend's gmail app update for android. November 9th 2019.
Here is a way to "fix" it.
Got to the properties of your Gmail account management and select your Exchange account with this problem.
Here you will get another question to update your security settings. When you try that it will give a list of rights this account will get (including wiping your phone!!) which is needed to get it work. This is required even if the Exchange environment with it's policies itself does not require this!!
So up to you of you accept this or not.
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more