Autofill disabled on new Microsoft login page. ANNOYING!!!

Anonymous
2016-04-04T15:02:47+00:00

It appears there is now a new login page for Outlook Live Online which is the main login for all Microsoft accounts. It also appears this new page is blocking the autofill feature on Chrome for the user name. I have been meaning to switch to another email client for some time now and this is definitely the last straw which has put me over the edge.  Anyone know anything about this?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-05-16T10:52:11+00:00

    I tried the inspector in firefox and although I was able to change it to "autocomplete on" it did nothing when I restarted the page after signing out and then in and out again.  So I went back to the inspector and there it is again

    "autocomplete off"   Is there something Im missing?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-05-13T23:11:44+00:00

    I think the explanation is they are trying to convert us all into paying customers by making the free service difficult - but I think all they are achieving is angry, frustrated customers who are rushing to Google.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-05-13T21:35:04+00:00

    Kjshanahann,

    I agree with you, Microsoft does not seem to care about customer satisfaction.

    It would be  very easy for Microsoft to enable auto-complete in the sign on page by setting autocomplete="on" ... but it appears they are not going to do that ... and they are not going to admit that they have purposely disabled auto-complete (in the sign on page).

    At the very least, they could provide an explanation for why they have disabled auto-complete ... but it appears that they are not going to do that either.

    Poor customer service.

    If you feel comfortable installing user scripts,  you can run one of the scripts I referred to in my previous post in this thread. Those scripts will enable auto-complete in the sign on page.

    If you would rather not run user scripts, then (as you said) using a non-Microsift mail service is an option. I would recommend gmail.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-05-13T00:05:37+00:00

    It is obvious that Microsoft couldn't care less about customer satisfaction. 

    Maybe I will have to do what others have suggested. Go to another service.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-05-12T03:10:01+00:00

    @Schmactor:

    I finally got my Greasemonkey version of your script to run (and enable autocomplete in the Sign On page).

    I had to add this metadata key:

    // @run-at         document-idle

    The above metadata key causes the script to run after the page and all resources (images, style sheets, etc.) are loaded and page scripts have run.

    I no longer have to wait for Microsoft to "investigate the problem", (as you know) the script re-enables autocomplete in the Sign On page. THANKS AGAIN!!!

    @To all others who would like to have auto-complete enabled in the Microsoft Sign On page ....

    If you are willing to install a free browser extension that runs user scripts, then you can easily enable the auto-complete function in the Microsoft Sign On page.

    For Chrome, search for and install the Tampermonkey extension, then install the script that Schmactor described in his post (in this thread) of May 9, 2016.

    F or Firefox, search for and install the Greasemonkey extension, then install the following script ...

    // ==UserScript==

    // @author         langware

    // @version        1.0.0

    // @name           Enable auto-complete in MS Sign-on page

    // @include        https://login.live.com/\*

    // @date           May 9, 2016

    // @run-at         document-idle

    // @grant          none

    // ==/UserScript==

    var elmLink = document.getElementById("i0281");

    if (elmLink != null)

        {

        elmLink.removeAttribute("autocomplete");

        }

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments