Managing personal Outlook.com account settings, security, and privacy
Timbow0,
I understand your decision. If you do not feel comfortable installing and running user scripts then you should not attempt to do so.
Unfortunately, I do not think that Microsoft is ever going to fix this problem. The solution is trivial .... all Microsoft has to do is change autocomplete="off" to autocomplete="on". This problem started when the new sign on page was released around March 24. It's been almost 2 months since then ... that's plenty if time for Microsoft to have fixed this problem ... if they intended to fix it. Thus, it appears that Microsoft has no intention of fixing this problem.
I opened a Support Request with Microsoft's Answer Desk (about this problem). They stopped responding to my Support Request ... another indication that Microsoft has no intention of fixing this problem.
Microsoft-engaged Forum Moderators and Support Engineers have also stopped responding to this (and other) threads (here in Microsoft Community) that complain about this problem.
Microsoft does not care about Customer Satisfaction. As you said, the best alternative might be to use another email service.