How to export outlook.live.com Calendar?

Anonymous
2016-08-08T19:00:11+00:00

I would like to export my outlook.live.com Calendar to a non-Microsoft app.

Instructions that I have found by searching suggest doing a File -> Export, but when I have selected my outlook.live.com Calendar (tab) I don't have an Export choice in my browser's (Firefox) File menu.

Trying this with I.E. I see a File -> Import and Export.... menu item, but the 'Import and Export' wizard appears to only allow me to export Favorites, Feeds, or Cookies.

Do I mis-understand how to access the Export function?   Or, has the procedure changed?

Thanks for any guidance.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Calendar

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Brian Tillman [Outlook MVP 2007-2019] 25,925 Reputation points
2016-08-08T21:21:58+00:00

The File>Import & Export advice is for Office Outlook, the mail client you install on your PC. It has nothing to do with Outlook.com's calendar.

Log into your calendar and select Options gear>Options>Publish. Right-click the ICS URI and choose "Save target as". This will give you an ICS file you can import into another program, provided that program can import ICS files.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-10-30T10:24:02+00:00

    The same today on my account. Still error message and no links of HTML and ICS.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Brian Tillman [Outlook MVP 2007-2019] 25,925 Reputation points
    2016-10-27T20:48:28+00:00

    What type of account did Office Outlook create? The calendar will sync only for Exchange or Exchange ActiveSync accounts.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-10-27T16:30:30+00:00

    Please, do you remember exactly how you do that? I have added Outlook.com account to Office Outlook, but Calendar not synced.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Brian Tillman [Outlook MVP 2007-2019] 25,925 Reputation points
    2016-10-27T02:22:08+00:00

    > the MS sync software deletes all but the past two weeks' entries on the 'phone and allows no user

    > control over this

    There should be settings for the Calendar app on your PC that allows you to control the sync time length. On my iOS device it's under Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars>Sync in the "CALENDARS" section. On my Android device it's under Settings>Accounts>Corporate>Account Settings>account name>Calendar sync range

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments