Unable to open outlook on outlook.com due to X-OWA-Error: SDServerErr;null

Anonymous
2016-10-13T01:37:48+00:00

Hello,

So I tried to open my email. And it went to a page stating 

Something went wrong

We can't get that information right now. Please try again later.

client-request-id: 617199E5A30048229CDDFCA233111077_1476322298767
X-OWA-Error: SDServerErr;null
X-OWA-Version: null
X-FEServer: null
X-BEServer: null
Date: 10/13/2016 1:31:33 AM

 My email was working fine a day ago. I didn't make any changes or anything. I just signed in as usual, checked my emails, sign out. Then tonight when I wanted to log in I got this error. Oh yeah, and after this error I refreshed the page multiple times. Still getting this.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-10-13T04:19:06+00:00

Try disabling AdBlock or any similar extension. It worked for me.

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

51 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-10-14T07:31:00+00:00

    Hello,

    So I tried to open my email. And it went to a page stating 

    Something went wrong

    We can't get that information right now. Please try again later.

    client-request-id: 617199E5A30048229CDDFCA233111077_1476322298767
    X-OWA-Error: SDServerErr;null
    X-OWA-Version: null
    X-FEServer: null
    X-BEServer: null
    Date: 10/13/2016 1:31:33 AM
    

     My email was working fine a day ago. I didn't make any changes or anything. I just signed in as usual, checked my emails, sign out. Then tonight when I wanted to log in I got this error. Oh yeah, and after this error I refreshed the page multiple times. Still getting this.

    I had the same exact problem on 10/13/2016.  Disable the Skype Calling extension in Chrome browser works.  The same goes if you're using Firefox, just disable the Skype Web Plugin.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-10-14T07:36:12+00:00

    Using Chrome + Adblock on my PC - I get the error that everyone else gets.

    Using Chrome on my phone - things work fine.

    Using Edge on my PC, it works fine.

    Using Firefox on my PC, it works fine.

    If I use Chrome and disable Adblock on my PC, it works fine.

    My conclusion is that MS are blocking adblockers from doing their job.  If you want to use an MS product, then you can provided that you don't run an adblocker.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-10-14T07:46:39+00:00

    I had the error BUT I don't have the Skype Calling extension in Chrome.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-10-14T07:54:57+00:00

    If you find disabling Adblocker offensive (as I do):

    • Pause Adblock while you log in
    • Switch Hotmail to the junk email folder
    • Unpause Adblock, and switch back to your inbox

    Voila, Hotmail without ads, and without having to disable Adblock altogether.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments