Unable to open outlook on outlook.com due to X-OWA-Error: SDServerErr;null

Anonymous
2016-10-13T01:37:48+00:00

Hello,

So I tried to open my email. And it went to a page stating 

Something went wrong

We can't get that information right now. Please try again later.

client-request-id: 617199E5A30048229CDDFCA233111077_1476322298767
X-OWA-Error: SDServerErr;null
X-OWA-Version: null
X-FEServer: null
X-BEServer: null
Date: 10/13/2016 1:31:33 AM

 My email was working fine a day ago. I didn't make any changes or anything. I just signed in as usual, checked my emails, sign out. Then tonight when I wanted to log in I got this error. Oh yeah, and after this error I refreshed the page multiple times. Still getting this.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-10-13T04:19:06+00:00

Try disabling AdBlock or any similar extension. It worked for me.

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

51 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2016-10-13T21:14:13+00:00

    NO NEED TO DISABLE Adblock

    Just go to option in Adblock, and select "update now"

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-10-13T21:08:48+00:00

    Outlook.com works fine on Firefox. I tried disabling AdBlock and Adblock Plus on Chrome---works now. I have an ad-free account, so disabling AB and AB+ doesn't bother me, but I'd love to know if this is an intentional move on the part of MS.        

    This happened to me today. In fact, I just fixed it. I left the computer at about 4:15 PM, when I returned about 90 minutes later, couldn't access my e-mail. Tried Chrome's Incognito mode, Firefox, I even tried Edge. That's how desperate I was.

    If this is intentional, Microsoft's gonna have **** to pay...

    EDIT: Funnily, this "bug" only affects Outlook Web App, and its associated apps, like Calendar and People. Signing in to my OneDrive works fine.

    Also, Microsoft doesn't like me saying HE-double-hockey-sticks, for some reason.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-10-13T20:26:37+00:00

    Outlook.com works fine on Firefox. I tried disabling AdBlock and Adblock Plus on Chrome---works now. I have an ad-free account, so disabling AB and AB+ doesn't bother me, but I'd love to know if this is an intentional move on the part of MS.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments