Set up Auto BCC in Outlook 2016

Anonymous
2016-06-30T20:57:30+00:00

How do I set up an Auto BCC to my CRM in Outlook 365?

Thanks.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-12-28T15:59:02+00:00

You can do effectively the same thing as auto-BCC with a new rule.  This one works for me:

  1. Go to the "home" tab of the ribbon/toolbar
  2. Click the "rules" dropdown and select "Manage Rules & Alerts"
  3. From the "Rules and Alerts" dialog box, select "New Rule"
  4. This pops up a "Rules Wizard" with a number of templates in it.  Pick "Apply rule on messages I send", and hit "Next".
  5. The next dialog shows conditions, leave all unchecked and hit "Next".  You'll get the warning "This rule will be applied to every message you send", hit "Yes".
  6. The next dialog lets you select what to do with the message - check next to "move a copy to the specified folder".  At the window in the bottom of this dialog you'll see the line "move a copy to the specified folder" appear, click the underlined word "specified", from the resulting dialog pick your Inbox and hit "OK".
  7. The next dialog lets you pick exceptions, click "Next" again.
  8. The final dialog lets you name the rule, make sure "Turn on this rule" is selected.  The rule showing in the bottom window should read
    1. "Apply this rule after I send the message"
    2. "move a copy to the Inbox folder"
  9. Click "Finish" and the new rule will be created.
  10. Hit "OK" one more time to leave the "Rules and Alerts" dialog.

Best of luck...

Was this answer helpful?

400+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-06-16T01:46:11+00:00

    I don't think anyone has created an exact solution.  The idea is to sync sent items among instances of Outlook on different machines when using POP3.

    We don't want to have a message we send copied to the Inbox of our existing instance of Outlook, we want to BCC ourselves so that the message will be recieved whereever else we recieve mail from our cloud mailbox.  Copying the sent item back to the inbox does nothing for instances of Outlook we have on other machines.  We already have a copy of the sent item in our sent items for the instance of Outlook we sent from.

    What most of us seem to want, and what I want is that when I send a message to others from my laptop, Outlook AUTOMATICALLY adds the email I specify (my own email address in my case) so that I will get a copy of the email in my desktop.  My phone's mail app has this very option and it works great.  Now I need the same option on my laptop.

    Outlook on my desktop (and laptop) has an inbound rule that if a message was recieved that was sent by me, move it to the sent items.

    I don't want others to see that I CC'd myself, which right now seems to be the only option in Outlook. BOO!

    Looking at the VBS, seems one has to apply a manual step to trigger the macro.  There doesn't appear to be any statements to make this automatic.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-05-23T22:50:11+00:00

    My Problem is, MAC version of outlook has a nice feature in the preferences, why this cannot be supported on Windows ? 

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/auto-bcc-in-outlook-2016-for-mac/86262cb1-0ed0-4a30-99c0-c6fa1ef24ef0

    Look at the answer by : MSam569092

    Why is this not possible on Windows ? 

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-05-22T19:35:50+00:00

    One Question,

    i want, that all my recipients are on bcc.

    So when i write a new email and adding a new recipient, he is automatically in bcc.

    Does anybody know a solution for this problem?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-02-12T21:23:17+00:00

    Is there a way to add an exception to the VBS script?  I'd like to BCC on external emails ONLY, so basically all emails except our domain.  Is that possible?  

    Thanks!

    Dave Nelson

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments