Organizing and accessing contact information in Outlook.com
I have same problem with over 3500 "No Name" entries in my PersonMetadata group in my iPad. Your solution worked for me and fixed my problem. Thank you.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have my Outlook.com account on my iPhone. There has always been a few contact groups that I don't use, however lately it has expanded to 6 extra unwanted groups. Is there any way to get rid of these? Some of them don't even show up on Outlook.com and just on my iPhone. I don't have my account linked up with Skype or Facebook.
blocklist
Facebook Contacts
MeContact
People you may know on Skype
PersonMetadata
Skype Contacts
Organizing and accessing contact information in Outlook.com
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I have same problem with over 3500 "No Name" entries in my PersonMetadata group in my iPad. Your solution worked for me and fixed my problem. Thank you.
With respect to the NoName contacts, I've had the same issue. I had an extensive list of NoNames on my iPhone. Now for some specifics. I'm using the latest OS on the iPhone. I have my contacts associated with an Outlook.com email account. I use the original Apple contact app and email app. I do not use the Outlook apps. While I'm not sure why those NoName apps showed up, I have eliminated them by deleting my Outlook.com email account from my iPhone and then re-adding it on the iPhone. Now when I go to the Groups listing there is no listing for the PersonMetadata and there are no NoName listings.
I am also having the PersonMetadata issue, and it is the lone source of 198 empty "No Name" contacts on my iPhone. I deselect it, they go away.
A response other than "it's all in your head" would be appreciated.
I have exact the same problem, so I think Microsoft still hasn't fixed the problem.
I also encountered this after using Office 365. Before that there was only one contact group on my iPhone.
After using Office 365 and using my Microsoft account with Skype I received the extra contact groups on my iPhone.
This concerns the groups blocklist, MeContact, PersonMetadata and Skype-contacts.
And especially the PersonMetadata is annoying as it has a lot of "# No Name" in it.
Off course you can deselect this groups and only select the Contacts group, but I want those unnecessary groups deleted.
Yes, the extra groups and blank contacts are gone!
Indeed, I still see the Skype group (I have no Facebook account) and that will be definitely an option.
Apparently Microsoft fixed the issue:-)