can the inbox column width be changed on outlook.com web mail?

Anonymous
2012-08-05T22:12:05+00:00

Hi can you advise me if the inbox column width be changed to make the 'from' column wider? this is on outlook.com web mail (hotmail)

thanks, phil.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-08-05T22:25:04+00:00

Click on the Gear symbol on the top right,

There should be three options listed.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-10-14T17:55:00+00:00

    People,

                I am having this same problem. I was changed over this morning and cannot see the subject on the subject line, only the initial letter of it. You used to be able to fiddle with this on the Views button, but I can't find one anymore. Intensely frustrating. Any suggestions?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-10-14T19:09:02+00:00

    David,

    My problem is I normally use a 800x600 display setting because text is too small otherwise. If I change the display to 1024x768 then everything fits in outlook but I have to change back to do rest of computing. I think the developers just didn't consider that we were still using 800x600 because hotmail compensated for it with a horizontal scroll bar. To check if this is your problem on computer, go to START button, then CONTROL PANEL, then DISPLAY, then SETTING tab and slid setting over to 1024x768. (this sequence is XP but is probably similar in other operating systems). Go back to outlook and see if you can see the full width of the inbox and message. If so maybe it will help the moderator to narrow down what Outlook team needs to fix. Hope this is helpful, cause I'd sure like a fix.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-10-14T20:38:22+00:00

    DebEM,

                 Worked like a charm! Kind of afraid to do anything, though, in case it slides back to 800 x 600 when I do. For now, though, it's fine (fingers crossed). Thanks so much.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-10-14T20:43:18+00:00

    DebEm,

                  Still working after doing a little surfing and coming back. Everything else almighty tiny, but I can see all the subject line again, so I'll take it. I'll post again if anything changes; thanks again.

              David

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments