Configuring preferences and options in Outlook.com
Click on the Gear symbol on the top right,
There should be three options listed.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi can you advise me if the inbox column width be changed to make the 'from' column wider? this is on outlook.com web mail (hotmail)
thanks, phil.
Configuring preferences and options in Outlook.com
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Click on the Gear symbol on the top right,
There should be three options listed.
Hello,
Please confirm if you are encountering the same issue when you are using other browser or computer for us to investigate the issue.
Thanks!
Hi Ace_J -
I confirm that I get the same condition (not able to resize the 'from' column) in any browser I have tried:
Ubuntu 12:04 (Firefox 15.0.1 and Chromium Version 20.0.1132.47)
Windows Vista 32bit (Firefox 16, IE8, Chrome version 22.0.1229.79)
Windows 7 64bit (Firefox 16, IE8, Chrome version 22.0.1229.79)
Also, see Joy_V post of September 18th where she says:"
Hi Phil,
Resizing column is unavailable even before Outlook. Please note that it has been noted already on our feature request list.
Thanks.
" - we will just have to wait till the developers provide this (should be a basic feature)
Cheers, Phil.
Hello,
Please confirm if you are encountering the same issue when you are using other browser or computer for us to investigate the issue.
Thanks!
I only have access to one computer and one browser. I use XP for os; IE8 for browser; dial-up for ISP and a 15" VGA standard monitor set at 800x600 display. I did not have this issue in Hotmail and have made no changes other than MSN automatic change over to Outlook. In Hotmail the whole message would not fit on the screen area, but there was a horizontal bar at the bottom of the screen and I could just move the message left and right so that I could read all the content. The second issue I have is the lack of any portion of a subject line in the inbox. It shows who the message is from but no subject, then to the right side the icons for deleting, flagging etc. No amount of hoovering brings anything up. Is there a switch anywhere in the options that I did not see to turn the subject off/on. I am very carefull to open only email that I recognize and am sort of going at this blind with no subject. Can you please kick this up to the powers that be for fixing or let me know who to contact. I've asked my friends to artificially shorten emails with carriage returns and am opening newsletters and merchant ads as their own web page as a work around but this is not very productive and Hotmail was easy & functional. Thank you for any help.
Hi DebEm,
We would like to ask a few questions to isolate the issue. Please reply to the following questions:
I created a private message wherein you will provide some information I needed in order for me to investigate your issue.
Please click on "You have a private reply to this message" link just above your post to view the message.
Don't forget to sign in to Answers Forum to view the link.
Thanks!