Configuring preferences and options in Outlook.com
Click on the Gear symbol on the top right,
There should be three options listed.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi can you advise me if the inbox column width be changed to make the 'from' column wider? this is on outlook.com web mail (hotmail)
thanks, phil.
Configuring preferences and options in Outlook.com
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Click on the Gear symbol on the top right,
There should be three options listed.
Hi Phil,
Resizing column is unavailable even before Outlook. Please note that it has been noted already on our feature request list.
Thanks.
Many thanks Joy_V - any idea when an updated release will be available?
Regards, Phil.
Just want to make sure we are all on the same page.My width issue is when I open an email.Cannot see see whole body of text EVEN when there are no side adds.
Just want to confim.
Thanks,
Greg
Hi everyone,
@Outlook_positive,
Are you experiencing the same issue? If not, please provide the specifiic details regarding your issue for us to help you.
@PhilPrice999,
Sorry, but we cannot disclose that information with you guys. I suggest that you wait for the official update from Microsoft.
@Greg and SueVignone,
Have you tried what Joy_V suggested? If you tried it already, please try to forward that specific email to your other account or to any of your contacts if issue will persist.
Thanks!
Paul_M and others. Looked at Phil's screen shot and am thinking it looks like my messages. I can't see the right hand side. I use an 800 x 600 screen setting so I can see text when I'm computing. If I go to the computer's main display setting and increase the megapixils I can see the whole message, but then I have to change back when I'm done with email. This was not a problem in Hotmail as the message would just have a horizontal scroll bar and I could just move over and see the right side of the message. The reason my inbox "from" page isn't off the page is because I don't get any portion of the message topic even if I hover. I really think Microsoft should rethink automatically forcing us to Outlook and let us go back to Hotmail. I'm getting very frustrated trying to figure out what icons mean, what's been renamed, and where they've moved stuff. I know it's in the DNA of you techi types to always change but it doesn't make me a happy camper. Thanks for listening and please pass this along to anyone who might be able to fix this for 800 x 600 displays. I use IE8, XP, 15" monitor and dial-up.