can the inbox column width be changed on outlook.com web mail?

Anonymous
2012-08-05T22:12:05+00:00

Hi can you advise me if the inbox column width be changed to make the 'from' column wider? this is on outlook.com web mail (hotmail)

thanks, phil.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-08-05T22:25:04+00:00

Click on the Gear symbol on the top right,

There should be three options listed.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-08-21T11:53:03+00:00

    If you hover the cursor over "S..." do you get a popup?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-08-21T17:13:28+00:00

    No, unfortunately no menu pops up when I hover the cursor over the subject (the "S...")

    And I've tried hovering it in other places, but nothing happens.

    The only thing I've managed to do is bring up the small menu to the left, that includes the Category flag, the icon for marking a message as 'read/unread', the 'delete' garbage can, and the red flag for marking emails as priority (moving them to the top of the screen).

    Nothing for resizing the Subject column.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-09-17T03:57:04+00:00

    Hi,

    Does the issue using other browsers? How about on another PC?

    Resizing colums is unavailable. However, it should display properly. Please optimize your browser to make sure that its setting doesn’t contribute to your issue. If you’re using Internet Explorer browser, please check this article for instructions:

    **Optimize Internet Explorer for Hotmail**

    ****After optimizing, please close your entire browser and try again.

    For assistance in clearing Safari's cache and cookies, please click here.

    For assistance in clearing Google Chrome's cache and cookies, please click here.

    For assistance in clearing Firefox’s cache and cookies, please click here. 

    In addition, please upload a screenshot of the issue on the private message that I have provided.

    For instructions on how to get a screenshot, please refer here:

    For Vista/Windows 7: 

    For XP: 

    For Mac Computers: Please refer to your computer’s help directory.

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-09-17T11:58:38+00:00

    Hi there - thankyou for trying to help me with this. I have opened up outlook.com using FireFox, Chrome and IE9 and have cleared the browser history and cache/cookies etc. But I still cannot adjust the width of the inbox 'from' column - as it only shows part of the 'from' address and not all of it!!!

    Do you think this could be added as a feature enhancement?

    I did send a suggestion request via the options for feedback..

    How do I upload a screen-shot file to this forum thread? I can't see any obvious buttons..... I could then attach a screen-shot to illustrate this.  

    Thanks again. Phil.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments