can the inbox column width be changed on outlook.com web mail?

Anonymous
2012-08-05T22:12:05+00:00

Hi can you advise me if the inbox column width be changed to make the 'from' column wider? this is on outlook.com web mail (hotmail)

thanks, phil.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-08-05T22:25:04+00:00

Click on the Gear symbol on the top right,

There should be three options listed.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-03-28T14:45:52+00:00

    Hi,

     

    Your account's view is depending what browser and what zoom level you are using. I understand your frustration about this issue and we would like you to hear more from you on how we can improve our product. Please submit a form on the link I have provided below:

    Talk to us

     

    Thank you.

    I agree that this issue is with the zoom level.  However, much like others here, there is a bigger issue.

    When I was automatically switched to outlook last fall, I immediately switched back because of the column sizes.  Sure, I can zoom in or out to be able to see what I want to, but, as soon as I close my browser and then open it back up, it retains my previous browser setting of "zoomed in." (Whether that's 87% or 75% or 100%).

    My personal feeling is that I should NOT have to adjust EVERYTHING else that I do, just so I can read my Outlook mail subject line.  This is unacceptable.  Frankly, you should either immediately fix the column sizing issue (the preferred fix), or allow us to revert back to the old Hotmail until you CAN fix the sizing issue.

    I am an older person with poor eyesight and have my widescreen monitor set to 1024 x 768.  I do not want to be forced to change because of ONE application.  If that's the case, I'll find another provider, even though I've had this hotmail account for well over 10 years.

    Please let me (and everyone else) know which fix will be implemented.....column sizing, or allow us to revert back to old Hotmail.

    Thanks,

    Julie

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-03-29T01:42:36+00:00

    On the opening page that lists from and subject when i try to read it half of the letters are missing, like its hard to understand the writing its like someone erased the bottom half of each message. Anyone else having this problem?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-03-29T05:58:00+00:00

    AMEN !!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-04-01T13:27:27+00:00

    Hi Everyone,

    We apologize for the delay in response. We understand your concern about not being able to view properly your emails at your Outlook.com account.  Please provide the following information in order to investigate your issues:

    • Does the same issue happen when you access your account through a different browser?
    • Does the same issue happen when you access your account through a different computer? Internet connection?

    It is possible that you are experiencing these issues because of your browser. In addition of what previous moderators have posted, we suggest that you optimize your browser. To optimize your browser, please follow this link:

    **How to Clear Your Browser's Cache**

    Also, we recommend updating your browser. Please see the link below:

    **Which browsers are supported by SkyDrive, People and Outlook.com?**

    We suggest that to please send us your ideas, requests or comments about Outlook.

    You can post your suggestion and comments on this link:

    Windows Feedback

    If you have any clarifications with your account please post again on this forum. Your cooperation and understanding is highly appreciated.

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments