can the inbox column width be changed on outlook.com web mail?

Anonymous
2012-08-05T22:12:05+00:00

Hi can you advise me if the inbox column width be changed to make the 'from' column wider? this is on outlook.com web mail (hotmail)

thanks, phil.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-08-05T22:25:04+00:00

Click on the Gear symbol on the top right,

There should be three options listed.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-09-19T15:58:19+00:00

    Hi Joy_V,

    That was a very good suggestion.  Unfortunately, I regularly clear my cache and, to my knowledge, this has yet to correct the issue.

    However, I might try FixIt for Internet Explorer.  If it corrects anything, I will be sure to post!

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-09-18T06:01:25+00:00

    Hi Phil,

    Resizing column is unavailable even before Outlook. Please note that it has been noted already on our feature request list.

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-09-17T12:07:07+00:00

    Hi there - thankyou for trying to help me with this. I have opened up outlook.com using FireFox, Chrome and IE9 and have cleared the browser history and cache/cookies etc. But I still cannot adjust the width of the inbox 'from' column - as it only shows part of the 'from' address and not all of it!!!

    Do you think this could be added as a feature enhancement?

    I did send a suggestion request via the options for feedback..

    How do I upload a screen-shot file to this forum thread? I can't see any obvious buttons..... I could then attach a screen-shot to illustrate this.  

    Thanks again. Phil.

    I put my screen-shot on skydrive - here is a link

    chrs, phil

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-09-17T11:59:24+00:00

    Hi Ron,   where exactly is the "S....." you are referring to ?

    thanks, Phil.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments