can the inbox column width be changed on outlook.com web mail?

Anonymous
2012-08-05T22:12:05+00:00

Hi can you advise me if the inbox column width be changed to make the 'from' column wider? this is on outlook.com web mail (hotmail)

thanks, phil.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-08-05T22:25:04+00:00

Click on the Gear symbol on the top right,

There should be three options listed.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-12-29T17:38:26+00:00

    Oh for pity's sake! Changing the width of columns on webpage grids has been available for at least 15 years! If you stopped using third-world 'developers' and used AMERICANS you would not have this issue. You can delete this response, I don't care, because actually I should be GRATEFUL for microsoft's low level of competence... it makes me top dollar fixing issues for my clients to the tune of 300K a year, net.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-12-09T13:09:27+00:00

    If you hover the cursor over "S..." do you get a popup?

    Hi there Ron - where exactly is this "S..." ?? can you post a screen-shot or 'snip' of it please?

    Thanks, Phil.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-12-07T01:18:24+00:00

    Thanks trip c. I'd kind of gotten to 85% zoom from Outlook_Positive's tip, but broke down and bought a 20" widescreen monitor on "black friday sale" at Office Max for under a hundred bucks. Solved the problem and I don't have to squint at the print size.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-12-05T01:10:54+00:00

    I found a work-around to the column width problem.  Go to the menu bar on top, then View, then Zoom, then Custom.  I experimented a bit, and found that 87% zoom gives me all the text in each of the three columns. Upside: I can see everything.  Downside:  everything's a bit smaller.  Added benefit:  the ads are smaller too!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments